1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sportrait of a young swimmer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by amanita, May 31, 2007.

1. Hi!

This is my first posted image on this forum. I am presenting my favourite type of photo, namely sport portrait. As I am allways looking for ways to improve, do not hold back with your comments.

EDIT: Changed my web host. Here it is from picasa:
    23_Akvatlon_portret.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2008
  2. Love it. It's a fantastic shot.
    Pete

3. Thanks, Pete!

BTW: I just realised I posted a photo without EXIF, so here it is:
    D80, Sigma 70-200/2.8 macro, 200mm, ISO 100, f/4, 1/2000", A priority, CWA
    Smart sharpened after web resize.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ales...your capture is excellant. No criticism necessary. Please continue to join us, we are having a great time here.

5. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice shot! Tack sharp. the water shadows are a bit distracting at first, but hardly worth mentioning.

6. Very nice capturing freestyle is the hardest of all the stokes. You have done a great job. Swimming was one of my first sports to shoot and have so for 6 years now. Our swim season even though Amanda is sideline with shoulder surgery begins in next week.

7. Love it Ales. The frozen water really adds to the image. Very nice.

8. That's a great shot, extremely sharp. Did you use flash/strobe? Most pools I've been in are along the lines of basketball, i.e. poorly lit.

9. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

BAD BAD BAD .......

hahaha just kidding... its a great shot.... i dont know what else you could inprove here.....if you really HAD to do something prehap you could have done a second strobe to kill the shadow on the right side of her face a bit.... but come on .. lets be serious, 95 % of people who look at this kind of photo or furthermore buy photo's like this wouldn't have any idea if you killed that shadow or not........ Great work ......

10. Thank you all for compliments. Glad you like it.

It was taken outside on a sunny day. No flash or strobes were needed, just 1/2000". This girl was swimming in lane two and I stood with my toes in the pool! That was the only way I could get this close.

Actually, this is my best shot of the event (duathlon/triathlon). I've got some good from the cycling part and lots of blurry images. But this picture gave me confirmation that I'm improving my skills.

11. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Ales, first, welcome to the Cafe'. Ok, this is a great shot, keep posting more!

Larz

12. asaya

asaya

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Wonderful I love the colors and the action of the water. Welcome to the Cafe

13. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Incredible first pic post!

btw, "Welcome aboard the board"

looking forward to more.

14. Thank you all! There will be more, I just need to organize my pictures.

15. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Super shot! Welcome Ales!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.