Sportrait?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bvonarx, Jun 19, 2007.

1. I have a mental block that needs unpluging with your help. Mom wants a sportrait and this is what I came up with. Please indulge me by telling me which image is choice or go back to the drawing board.

No. 1

or
    View attachment 101629

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Between to two, I think that I like the first better. It appears to be dark on my monitor, was it a cloudy day Brooks? I like the pose, but the image lacks a bit of "pop". But, you are definately heading in the right direction.

3. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    first one for sure, although if you were creating a collage then the two could be worked in together.

Say something like her leaning on a goal post to the right of her lying on the grass?

Here is a REAL quick job:

[​IMG]

Here is a better one that the mother loved:

[​IMG]

4. Raul_T

Raul_T

Apr 29, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    Second vote for the first image. I like the creativity of the shot, but as Frank pointed out, it's a bit dark.

5. I liek the first I woudl reshoot or reproccess as it seems very dark, maybe shoot at a little higher DOF the pose looks great maybe just shoot from a lower perspective, just a few thought I think you are on the right track

6. This shot was made about 30 seconds before a monster thunder storm broke so it was a rush job. I'll work on it some more in NX but will try and recreate it under better lighting conditions. Thanks all for your thoughts.