Sports Forum Challenge #25 "Coaching'm Up"

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by jhorton, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Sports Challenge #25 - Coaching'm Up
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how the Sports Forum Challenge works….

Each week we will have a theme to which everyone who chooses to participate must submit a photo(s).

The winner will then have the opportunity to select the new challenge and pick the winner of that challenge.

You have until Sunday 8PM (20:00) EST to enter your photo at which point (Sunday night of each week) we can pick a winner.

***This Week’s Challenge***

Coaching'm Up

Coach coaching players. The coach and the player(s) need to be in the photo.

Have fun !!

As usual, you can post more than one picture, but the first image will be your entry for judging. If you like you can change your entry, but the first post will count at week's end. We'll waive the one year requirement for this one in case you have to dust off some film prints and scan 'em.

Good luck!!!!

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

2. Pregame Powwow

2622836541_65e6916e54_b.

Attached Files:

3. SandMark

SandMark

Apr 15, 2008
    Canada
    Last minute plans....

[​IMG]

4. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    I love raising part. I still joke with the coach in the picture and ask him how much he thinks that they kids were listening.

5. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Not to try to be a wet blanket or anything, but challenge #22 was coaching. You sure you want to repeat it so soon?

Just a thought.

6. I see #22 and #25 as being different.

Look at the winning photo for #22 ..... That photo would not qualify as a submission to this (#25) challenge.

The coach has to be coaching the player(s), and both have to be in the frame.

Now, if I am off base (and I have been before) please let me know.

Thanks,

7. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

It's your topic, Jack. I was just suggesting something different because they seem the same to me, based on the description of that challenge, as it included coaches actually coaching:

Challenge #22
    ***This Week’s Challenge***

Coach

Let's see what you have for your interactive coach shots...teaching, coaching, working the ref's, sleeping in the dug out..getting run over...whatever. If there's a coach in the shot we want to see it!

No sweat. There's no reason not to repeat a challenge category. I just thought it was a little soon, but that just one guy's opinion.

Go for it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2008
  8. Great captures posted so far. Lets see some more!!

Side note, I will more than likely be in a condo at the beacho with no internet access (so says the relator), starting this Saturday. So I have asked "Frank" (the Cafe's Sports Forum Super Moderator) to do the judging Sunday night. Frank agreed!!!! Thanks Frank!

So get those shots in!!!!

ps: If you know of good photo oportunities in the St. Pete, Tampa area please post them here https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=175007 or send me a personal message before Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. My turn !

Dads make great coaches. Especially in individual sports !

You see son, that's where you need to be careful or you'll end up in the ditch like that dude !!!
    D2H_3277.

And another one for the Cafe !

D2H_3306.

10. lukasz

lukasz

Nov 24, 2007
    Katowice, Poland
    I don't know if this one counts but will try with this :) 

[​IMG]

11. Well I can't beat those two by Lukasz and JP, but I'll try any way! :smile:

My daughter and her coach during a substitution, used for instruction, I love how they're pointing, usually at different things!!
    276256426_gZjcE-S-2.

278996616_2nbQu-S-2.

12. This shot is just a little over a year old. It's me reassuring a 11 year old she was playing well and to not worry about the perfect play... BTW, there's a 85 1.4 on that D2H of mine that I borrowed. Using it that weekend in Tampa helped convince me I needed one!!!

[​IMG]

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    And the winner is.....

......SandMark for this image. Jack chose this image because he mentioned that the coach was really earning his pay preparing his team.

[​IMG]

I will notify Mark by PM and we'll look to him to author the next challenge. Congrats Mark

14. DRGSin

DRGSin

Nov 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Congrats to the winner. Man, i havent picked out a winner yet! The ones i think are "clearly" the winner are never. Must have bad taste, LOL.

15. SandMark

SandMark

Apr 15, 2008
    Canada
    Wow! Thanks! This is a surprise. Honestly, I didn't pick mine, either, so don't feel bad.... :smile:

Now comes the hard part.... picking another category!

16. Congrats Mark ! Nice shot !!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.