Sports Forum Challenge #26 - "Consolation"

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by SandMark, Jul 7, 2008.

1. SandMark

SandMark

Apr 15, 2008
    Canada
    Sports Forum Challenge #26 - "Consolation"
    Here’s how the Sports Forum Challenge works….

Each week we will have a theme to which everyone who chooses to participate must submit a photo(s).

Each winner will have the opportunity then to select the new challenge and pick the winner for their challenge.

You have till Sunday to enter your photo at which point (Sunday night of each week) we can pick a winner.

***This Week’s challenge***

CONSOLATION

Submit A SINGLE shot that shows a player consoling another player, teammate or otherwise, following a goal, score, bad play, error, etc. We know it's the coach's job to console players, but I want to see players consoling other players.

If you want to post more than one, the TOP or FIRST post is your entry. Your entry should have been taken during the past 12 months, just to keep it fresh.

I look forward to seeing everyone's entries!

Here is an example...

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Good topic Mark, this should produce some interesting images.

3. "It's OK, we still get ice cream after the game!"

web24.

4. Very nice picture. Fits challenge very well. And they're sooo cute. LOL

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Agony of defeat...

6. Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Tears and Cross country

is what you get when you lose your last race as a senior...
    _BVA1824.

8. This one is from the Big Ten Women's Gymnastics Championships.
    After both a bobble and a fall off of the balance beam, Minnesota's Ashley Stanton, #190, gets a hug from her teammate while her coach waits.

273130935_QAS2K-L.

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Come on sports shooters, post your entry soon, Sunday will be here in no time.

10. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    The head coach and the pitcher.

11. SandMark

SandMark

Apr 15, 2008
    Canada
    Not a very popular topic???

12. Don't really have anything that qualifies. I have yet to see a situation of a player in pro ball giving or receiving comfort. Very rarely do these guys show that type of emotion on the field. These pics posted are great though.

13. SandMark

SandMark

Apr 15, 2008
    Canada
    And the winner is.....

Frank (eng45ine)! Congratulations, Frank.

Now, even though it may seem like kissing up to the boss, let me explain my choice. Frank's photo, Agony of Defeat, has the one girl on the ground expressing what appears to be utter disappointment with whatever happened on the field, albeit a goal, loss, etc. The other girl is in an obvious position of consoling her teammate.

The other finalist, "Tears and Cross Country" from bvonarx, was close, but I cannot tell from the photo which one is doing the consoling. Without the title, it's difficult to tell what the action truly is.

The ice cream photo from eng34ine, even though it's one of the cutest photos I've seen, didn't quite have what I was looking for.

Congratulations, Frank. I like your photo as it brings out full emotion and sympathy from all players involved, even the girl in the background.

14. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Congratulations, Frank. It is a great shot.

As for this topic, it was a little bit constrained for me too. I just didn't have anything that fell into the category, although not for lack of looking and trying. Good topic though, just hard to get those pics. Had coaches consoling players, and even a ref consoling a player, but no players consoling players.

But it forced me to get out there and try to get one of those shots, which is good. I just didn't manage to get one.

Looking forward to the next challenge!

15. Congrats!

This was one challenge where I thought I actually had a chance to win! Ah well. Time to keep trying. :) 

16. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the nod on this challenge, I absolutely thought Rolly had the best image. Okay....I'll post the next Challenge.

17. Frank,
    You're being humble again, and yes Rolly's image was pretty darned good, but your's did say the "agony" of defeat pretty well. Nicely done!! :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.