1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sports Forum Challenge #32: "Unattached"

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by greyhound rick, Aug 17, 2008.

1. This weeks Sports Forum Challenge will be "Unattached". It must be a sports photo that shows either a part of a uniform, object used in the sport or the like becoming detached or sometime after separation from the athelete/participant occurred.

Some examples would be as simple as a hat coming off or a player without his helmet to as extreme as someone coming off their bike, motorcycle, skate board etc. It could also include a mouthpiece coming out, baseball bat flying away, golf club coming loose......

As always, here’s how the Sports Forum Challenge works….

Each week we will have a theme to which everyone who chooses to participate must submit a photo(s). If someone opts to post more than one image, the first image is your official entry.

Each winner will have the opportunity then to select the new challenge and pick the winner for their challenge.

You have till Sunday, August 24th to enter your photo at which point (Sunday night of each week) we can pick a winner.

Here's one from me to get you going. . .

2765471956_3c30640f98.

Looking forward to the entries and GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! :smile:

2. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Alright! Good challenge, Rick. I know we're going to see some shots that will knock our socks off here. I'm imagining the carnage now! LOL!

Here's my entry:

GMQ_6569-1.

3. McQ thats EXACTLY what Im talkin about!!!

GREAT shot!! :biggrin:

4. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Don’t see many soccer players that wear glasses. (Screw Pbase. It's on my own domain now. Can anyone see this)?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  5. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    Here is my entry:

2773017235_4fb3a3a55f.

6. Sauk, I think that is the most amazing baseball shot Ive seen! WOW!!!

7. hey Rick, great category, here's mine:

may-4-184.

the girl in green was a pretty dirty player, trash talked all day. Our girls won :biggrin:

This was the blow that preceded the shot above:

may-4-183.

8. Amazing sequence Chris.....wow, that is a dirty move right there! Im glad your girls won. Thats the best way to silence the trash!!

9. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Ghost Runner?

293007327_U9a3c-XL.

10. Hey Gary, the answer is yes. Very odd today, I couldn't see any of the pics in this thread, except my own, also on my own domain--i.e. yours, earlier.

Still can't see any aside from yours and mine as I type this. I had figured it was my work security, as I can't get to Flickr today either, for the first time.

Neat shot BTW, kid needs a strap :wink:

11. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks for the feedback Chris. I could see all photos last night, but when I got up this morning, mine was just a thumb that said “Image Missing”. I logged in, and it was still missing. Logged into Pbase, and then I could see it here. Didn’t feel like messing with Pbase, so I uploaded it to my domain. I haven’t had that problem before. I still see all the other photos just fine.

Yes, that kid does need a strap. Photo not in good focus, but the captured moment is what’s important.

12. yeah, it's really strange, guess I'll have to wait until I get home to see Matthew's shot! :mad: 

13. Here's a selection of my "unattached" pics. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I didn't even realize that the tire stuck under the grill was actually part of the wall until the wrecker dude was laughing about it later.

DSC_0007-1.
    NIKON D80    ---    70mm    f/4.0    1/250s    ISO 320

(I'm proposing here that that tire is 'detached' from the wall :cool: )

15. McQ

.....and you were EXACTLY who I was thinking of when I said, "I can imagine the carnage now!", Jason. :biggrin:

Great shots, again, man!

By the way, I can see everyone's images. Don't know why they're not showing up for a couple of you. It happens to me sometimes too, and I can never figure out why.

16. McQ

Ouch! Chris, that was a great shot. And victory is the best revenge over dirty playing and trash talking. Glad to know your team won that one. :smile:

17. Thanks Glenn. . .

Got the best BSB meeting of the year this weekend (23,24,25 Aug). . . Cadwell Park (The Party in the Park). The best circut in the UK. . Get to see riders get unattached from the circut. . Will post some when I have recovered from the long weekend ahead. :eek: . .

(not my pic. . taken by D. Spencer)

[​IMG]

18. thanks Glenn. It's definitely my work, they periodically block sites, like here and/or Nikonians. They subscribe to a whitelist provider. So I'm at home and can now see these, great shots Jason and the others.

19. I am trying to decide between these two

2358660461_c5c8797caf.

2359504478_4bce1994f3.

20. This guy came "unattached" from his handlebars at launch, and then his ankle became unattached from his leg and required a few screws and plates. Ouch.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.