1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sports Forum Challenge #33: "Emotion"

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Sauk, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    First of all I want to thank greyhound rick and his wife for picking me in last weeks Sports Forum Challenge.

Emotion, emotion is always part of the game when it comes to sports. Emotion from fans, coaches, players and even refs. Emotion can get you in trouble, it can show others how you feel, it can make you cry, laugh or even yell.

Without emotion to me sports would be boring and not very fun to watch. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, now lets see those words from your emotional images.

This challenge is to show emotion in an image. It can be from a fan to a player. Sometimes it is not the easiest thing to do when your taking pictures is to stand in front of someone who just lost a goal which they worked to achieve the previous 5 months and take pictures, but because some of us do that we can show that athletes are human just like any other person in this world.

Here is my example of Emotion:

[​IMG]

The coach in this image just won the Utah Girls 5A championship.

Contest will end on August 31st.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  2. Undefeated in over 2 seasons of play, lose in a 14-10 upset in the Regional Finals.

2535028439_be80cc92ea_o.

Disbelief among all of the girls.

3. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Here's mine.

Getting pumped up before last Saturday's game:

[​IMG]

4. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    ahh man that kinda reminds me of the Woman's Softball this year in the Olympics. Worse time to have a winning streak end :( 

5. I think I have shared this shot a few times, but it seems appropriate for the subject. He is not a player, but I will submit the head coach:
    229871009_VtsaU-L.

6. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    Mason,

I love it! lol

By the way in case you didn't know the Tennessee Valley Vipers (huntsville, AL) will be playing a team I coach for the af2 championship tonight :) 

7. I knew the Vipers were in the championship game, but I did not know that you coach for the Shock? That is very cool, and I really appreciate the prespective that you bring to this forum.

As they say...may the best team win!

8. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    How about double emotion...2 coaches yelling at the players to get the play right.

[​IMG]

9. Well I've used this one before, but it's worth it since Walt Kyle is SOOO emotional behind the bench...

212253157_itLL6-L-2.

GO BLUE!
    Steve

10. Im not sure if greyhounds count for this....:confused: :biggrin:, but I thought this showed some emotion.

Sorry about the lousey photo (too noisey!!), but this was taken when I knew less than I do now about photography (hard to believe I used to know less than now huh?:smile:) 

thanks for looking....

2540414520_a99f646fdc.

11. Bottom of the ninth, game winning run.......

2636623573_c35c351abc.

12. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    great great shots so far :) 

13. Bear78

Bear78

Jul 26, 2008
    Colorado
    The QB after a big defensive stop to win the game.

Not perfect but I was shooting the players when I noticed the QB was next to me jumping and yelling.

[​IMG]

14. 98valkyrie

98valkyrie Guest

As they see their hopes of a State basketball championship fade away.

3-1.
    NIKON D50    ---    200mm    f/2.8    1/400s    ISO 1600

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  15. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    here's mine:

297812345_Ld4NQ-XL.

16. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    Brother Rice, interesting. I went to Catholic Central for one year before I moved.

Oh and great photo

17. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    oh, geez, now you're mad! Sorry we beat you guys on the way to the National #1 ranking!

18. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    lol that was a very very long time ago ;) 

And with only one year in that school I am ok with that :) 

How has the football program been at that school? When I was there they were really good.

19. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I'll know more tomorrow nite. My son now play varsity at noseguard and they are face Oak Park who has the #3 running back in country (on Rivals.com). Fracassa is still there and is the winningest coach in MI state history.

20. Here's my entry:

This is my daughter who played goalie for the first time last year. Our team won only 2 games all season but this game was especially brutal a lethargic 10-1 loss. My daughter faced breakaway after breakaway and she even made some fantastic saves (very Dominic Hasek like as she flopped on the ice).

This photo was taken after the 9th goal and she was really dejected as she felt she had let her team down. She felt so isolated out there & I felt bad for her but in the end she was mobbed by her teamates after the game and then the loss was forgotten.

kdgoal.
    NIKON D50    ---    200mm    f/2.8    1/500s   

Take care,

Brent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.