1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sports Forum Challenge #35: "Post Production"

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by kiwi, Sep 9, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Sports Forum Challenge #35: "Post Production"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a sports photographer, particularly with junior sports, often involves packaging photos into posters, cards, different print sizes, collages etc for sale to the general public. Using tools like photoshop is as much a part of the overall shoot to sale process as is the pushing of the shutter button

This week's challenge is "Post Production". Start posting your examples of how you have taken a sports photo or series of photos and graphics and text for example and added value in post production.

As always, here’s how the Sports Forum Challenge works….

Each week we will have a theme to which everyone who chooses to participate must submit a photo(s). If someone opts to post more than one image, the first image is your official entry.

Each winner will have the opportunity then to select the new challenge and pick the winner for their challenge.

You have till Sunday to enter your photo at which point (Sunday night of each week) we can pick a winner.

Here's an example of what kind of shot I am looking for...

[​IMG]

2. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    I don't do a lot of poster yet, (this year I'll do more) so here is one I did last year at the end of hockey season. This qualify?

[​IMG]

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Absolutely Tim

By the way - if you don't already have something - why not make one up ? Can't be a bad thing to give it a go !!

4. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Maybe sometime tomorrow or Friday....

5. Here's a poster I did from basketball...

poster-05.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    bump

7. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    This players dad purchased a lot of images from me, so I made this for him and printed a 16x20 poster for free for him. Thought it was a nice thing to do after the amount of money he spent.

103110420.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Wow Matthew - I really like that. Very good use of selective color for sure.
    And good for you giving that to that dad. I firmly believe it does pay off to
    just be nice. ( Although that poster is worth a lot of money )

9. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    Thanks yeah the dad ordered around 300 dollars worth of images, I figured what's 20 bucks on my end.

10. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    three more hours and I'll put this one out of it's misery....seemed a good idea at the time. :smile:

that beind said, some nice examples posted guys.

11. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Ok.....after extensive vewing of ALL the entries....I'm going to award the gong to Matthew (Sauk) - I too liked the work done in the selective colouring and matching text colours, and a good story to boot.

Well done Matthew over to you again for what hopefully will be a more popular challenge this week !!!

12. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Good choice, Matt, your on the clock! Nice PP!

13. All right, congrats Matthew, that was a great poster...

14. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    thank you again :)  #36 will begin today

15. I really enjoy this poster. I like to black & white aspect of it, along with the color.

16. Congratulations Matthew! Definitely deserving and my choice as well.

We need to change the length of these challenges to two weeks! :smile: By the time I get around to posting any pics, the challenge is over. I would have liked to have seen more work in this category. Thanks for sharing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.