Sports Shot Inside.

Just some testing. Something I am hoping other parent think is worth buying?

Logan-Gunner-Sports-05-15-2011-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like them! As a parent, I'd definitely buy them. One nitpick... they're cropped a bit tight at the head and feet. At least for my taste. :)

I like them! I think the processing on 1 and 4 might be a bit over the top for some people, so I'd be sure to show them both versions.

Thanks for the input.

Just got photos back. Cropped so tight.......the printing actually cut off top of the head and toes.

As for over the top.........Showed the prints to a couple of parents....my least favorite was number 4. Viewing parents had different ones they liked. Two liked #4.?

As for the seriousness. That was what I asked him to do. Maybe more for the subject that might want to be considered.....tough competition......not something the parents would like?

Thanks for the input!

i really like the processing of 1 & 4 but i never can understand why most parents dont like these types of processed images.

why would a parent want a picture of their child to look like every other picture of someone elses child. think outside the box and go for something with a little more pop andnot just a picture that has green grass and blue skies etc.

i think you did great.

Thanks Buddy. That is what I am thinking also.

here is the way i see it, everyone can go out and buy DSLRS that shoot AUTO and a nice lense these day and then g out and shoot their kids or someone elses kids at sporting events etc

which means now a days everyones images look the same, the bokeh effect used to be something that helped your image stand apart or the crispness and sharpness that DSLRs offered bt now you need something that adds to your bag..

i dont want my images to look like my kids school mates parents that also bought their camera and 70-200 from best buy and just shot in auto and then posted up.

i want my images to stand out and that means editing a new style that they cant because they dont know photoshop or new techniques, also i dont want to see what my eye saw literally... i want an image that has a look that will last forever not a snapshot.

I dig 'em. I like the almost-HDR processing, and the editing adds some edge to the image.

I'm sure the kids will feel "cool" in these pictures, too.

I love love love #2 and #3 ... I like the splash of color with the greyish background. Neat processing.., definitely stands out from the snap & print pictures that I *had* to buy of my son's soccer team. LOL They are cropped a bit too tight, hope you left some room..printing will take off another 1/4 of an inch.

I'd buy these with joy!

I'd buy these with joy![/QUOTE]

Linda I have adjusted the Crop.......How many do you want and what CC do I bill it too? :biggrin:

Thanks

On Thuner Grey Seamless.

Two AB800's on top of each other. On top the Medium/Small Octabox -Gridded. Directly below the large softbox - grided I think?

Lights are 10 feet from the background and camera right. Lights were feathered slightly so not to really point directly at models.

Models were supposed to be about 3 feet from the lights. They were moving.

When I metered the lights they were about F8-10.

Background had an AB800 grided with a 30 degree grid on the standard reflector. I also had placed some torn black paper partially over the relector. I would move the background light up or down depending on the height of the model.

Pretty simple setup.

These are really cool. I did soccer when I was younger and these are MUCH cooler than the lame shots we had to get. I definitely think parents would be interested in these, the kids as well probably. =) Nice job, on the editing and the different poses and such.

I really like #1 - the lighting from the side and position in the frame is great. Looks like a NBA promo shot!

Latest threads

Top Bottom