Sports - What's in the bag

Well we are just over a week from high school sports kicking off here. I'm leaning 60/40 that it is going to get cancelled before the first football game. But I thought I would look over my kit and post a what's in my bag. For football I just take my main bag, but for soccer and volleyball I will also take my remote kit bag.

While I really want to see sport and I really want to get out there photographing them, I think it is stupid they are going to try and play a fall season.

Ready to go, or waiting for mothballs...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Most of our fall season (football, volleyball, water polo, cross country) has been pushed to winter (late Dec).
Winter sports has been merged into Spring. So shooting the new spring season (13 different sports = 50+ teams) will be TOUGH.
The only bright spot in this mess is, the AD told me that there will be Saturday games, to help with facility contention. With any luck, they will be DAY games, so the yearbook photogs will have it easier than shooting night games at ISO 12800.​

Will sports happen? No one here knows.
Q1 is "distance learning."​
Q2 going to "on campus" classes, is contingent on the county COVID infection numbers staying down. Some parents suspect Q2 will be "distance learning" also.​
Can they play safely, wearing masks? Maybe for some sports, but not for others.
Will the parents even let their kids play competitive sports?
Without a vaccine, some feel that this will be a "no sport" year. And that will make for a very different yearbook.

I envy you.
This old man is limited to a 70-200/4. Any more weight than that, and I am in pain at the end of the night (JV + Var games).
Even so, I shoot the JV on a monopod, to rest my arms, so that I can shoot the Var game free-hand.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom