1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Spot On Photos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elwoodsusanm, Sep 28, 2008.

1. elwoodsusanm

elwoodsusanm

Nov 29, 2007
    England
    I have just discovered a spot on all photos in the same place:eek:  I have cleaned lense and filter. Does this mean it will have to go back to Nikon for cleaning? I cannot understand, if is dust, where it has come from as my lense has never been off the camera since I bought it:confused: 

2. Sounds to me like it may be dust on your sensor, do a search on this board or google it. There are some kits you can buy to try and clean it yourself, or send it in to Nikon.

AM

3. Most likely dust on your camera sensor...Can you post an example of this problem?? Don't worry it's usually an easy fix.........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

4. heydale

heydale

Oct 5, 2007
    Maine
    sensorscope

hi,

one of the best investments I've made in cleaning tools is a Delkin Sensorscope. it was $80.
    I now clean effectively instead of blindly guessing about spots.
    I use a rocket blower and eclipse/swabs. It's easy and painless. It is also anxiety free now that I can "SEE" the dust bunny.

Visible dust also has a similar tool that looks good, maybe better.
    Dust happens.
    I don't know if the D80 has it, i think it does, but with one spot and no lens changes, you may just want to make a dust reference image and eliminate it that way.
    I change lenses ALL of the time in all kinds of environments and have no great problems.

dale

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.