Spotted Redshank

It's the first time I saw a Spotted Redshank in breeding plumage. Not a good capture as it's 500mm handheld (no time to set up the tripod).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The best thing about the day is that you went birding and got a nice image to show for it. I have not ever seen this species.

The best thing about the day is that you went birding and got a nice image to show for it. I have not ever seen this species.
Thanks Dave. I was very excited when we spotted it.

Good catch
Thank you very much Harry. We spotted it flying and was lucky that it landed close enough for some shoots.

Hand held 500mm -- Very nice!

PaulC
Thank you Paul. I took several photos and 3 of them were okay.

Darn good for hand held Phil. I sure know what you mean about seeing a bird for the first time. I added four to my list yesterday and they were all in breeding plumage.

hey Phil! That's pretty birdie! nice shot!
Thanks Dianne. It's quite a pretty bird and quite distinct.

Darn good for hand held Phil. I sure know what you mean about seeing a bird for the first time. I added four to my list yesterday and they were all in breeding plumage.
Thanks James. That was not our best day in terms of quantity and fortunately we could spot this and be able to capture some other birds.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom