1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Spotted Touch-me-not

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by husawis, Aug 10, 2008.

1. husawis

husawis Guest

[​IMG]

AKA Spotted Jewelweed - this is a medicinal plant with well documented antifungal activity. My ancestors used it to treat a variety of rashes as well. Today when someone tells me they have a poison ivy rash, I give them a few stems to "milk" and apply - the itch is gone as is the rash shortly thereafter. The same liquid from the stem is one of the best treatments for foot fungus.

I have posted pictures of this plant before, but this one is special in that it was taken with my 28-70mm f/2.8. I had planed a macro shot since the plant is in full bloom around the pond, but forgot to change the lens. I do not use this lens enough but when I do I think the IQ speaks for itself.

The hummingbirds love this plant.

Enjoy.

2. Very nice pic . I also love the Jewel weed as the textures and colors are so distinct

3. pretty image
    thanks for sharing it with us

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.