Spring around the corner

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jczinn, Mar 15, 2005.

1. First sign of spring here....the crocus' are coming up (croci? crocuses?) Whatever... Wasn't sure whether to put this in macro or flowers, they aren't really macro but they were taken with the Tamron 90 macro lens. I do love that lens, but it takes a little getting used to! Had a weird problem with getting the ERR and mirror lock-up when using the DOF preview with the lens....but then if I pressed the shutter again it would fire. I need to test it out some more before I get panicky. Probably just not seated well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Beautiful shots, Janet. Sharp and clear, great color. Did you darken the background, or was it in shadow?

3. Absolutely fantastic Janet!! :D :D :D :D :D

4. These are great "testing" macros Janet :wink:
    Beautiful colors and very sharp :!:

5. Absolutely georgeous shots Janet. After the winter of our discontent we see the spring of our awakening. Well done.

6. Beuatiful shots, Janet. Gorgeous flowers. If spring makes it there, it soon makes it here :!:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Lovely shots Janet. Sharp as a tack, without looking artificial.

Thanks,

Frank

8. thanks everyone!

David, I didn't do anything to the background except clone out a few stray blades of grass...the lighting was just as you see it. I liked the strong shadows here.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Janet, looks like that old D100 ain't quite ready for the junk heap yet.... :wink:

I know that I'm just a beginner, but I'd sacrifice Harris in a heartbeat for flower shots as good as these. 8)

Frank

10. Janet, I liked the shadows too. That's why I was wondering. Very nice!

11. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Janet,

You're certainly doing well with the Tamron lens. Great shots!

Best to you,

Gaye

12. Beautiful Job, Janet!

The Tamron 90 is doing well in your hands. Crocus don't last very loog, but they are really beautiful springtime flowers. Here's some I did with the 70-200 VR.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera