Spring around the corner

First sign of spring here....the crocus' are coming up (croci? crocuses?) Whatever... Wasn't sure whether to put this in macro or flowers, they aren't really macro but they were taken with the Tamron 90 macro lens. I do love that lens, but it takes a little getting used to! Had a weird problem with getting the ERR and mirror lock-up when using the DOF preview with the lens....but then if I pressed the shutter again it would fire. I need to test it out some more before I get panicky. Probably just not seated well.

crocus_5837a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

crocus_5842b.jpg

thanks everyone!

David, I didn't do anything to the background except clone out a few stray blades of grass...the lighting was just as you see it. I liked the strong shadows here.

Hey Janet, looks like that old D100 ain't quite ready for the junk heap yet.... :wink:

I know that I'm just a beginner, but I'd sacrifice Harris in a heartbeat for flower shots as good as these. 8)

Frank

Hi Janet,

You're certainly doing well with the Tamron lens. Great shots!

Best to you,

Gaye

Beautiful Job, Janet!

The Tamron 90 is doing well in your hands. Crocus don't last very loog, but they are really beautiful springtime flowers. Here's some I did with the 70-200 VR.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

40370239.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom