Spring arrives and my first eagles of the season

Was out for a hike with my wife this morning and. much to our delight we ran across a pair of juvenile eagles. Now the sky was cloudless and blue, but I thought the images would look better using the sky replacement feature in Photoshop. I know that there are different opinions about the use of this feature so I will post an original as well as the "doctored" image.

1. Original
Eagle juvie  in flight 4830 resized.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Sky replaced:
Eagle juvie  in flight 4830 resized .jpg

Eagle juvie  in flight 4899.jpg

Eagle juvie  in flight 4899 copy.jpg

Too much? Please let me know.

I can’t answer Bob. Maybe it is because so many of my eif images have cloudless skies I don’t see the need for clouds. If you had not told me in advance I would have accepted the clouds.

I can’t answer Bob. Maybe it is because so many of my eif images have cloudless skies I don’t see the need for clouds. If you had not told me in advance I would have accepted the clouds.
Thanks for the feedback Allan. Originally I thought perhaps that clouds would help with an otherwise blah, blue sky. But the more I look at the images the more I think that originals without clouds are fine.

Real Name
Dan
Nice position on the bird in the first one. Probably only photographers will notice but IMO the clouds don't look natural because they are in focus. No DOF effect.

Can’t really say why beyond “just because” but for me the replacement works better for the first image. No harm in playing around with these things. If you had not made mention of the monkey business I doubt I or most would have noticed.

Can’t really say why beyond “just because” but for me the replacement works better for the first image. No harm in playing around with these things. If you had not made mention of the monkey business I doubt I or most would have noticed.
Thanks for the feedback Brian. As I mentioned, different perspectives. some like, some not. All good though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom