Spring as sprung at Gatorland in Orlando!

Hi all. I went out to Gatorland this morning for the first time. Well, the place is a wash with nests and babies. A lot of the nests are well surrounded with limbs and such, which makes it difficult to get good shots. This one was a little less so, but in the shade, (smart mom, but difficult for photographers:rolleyes: ) I gave it a bit of fill flash. What do you think?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers
Nancy

Those tricolor babies are just a riot. what a mess they are...lololol
Super pics
Post some more:>))))
You found Larry Moe amd Curly...lolol

ok one more, :biggrin: Only a mother could love:smile:

Nancy

Super shots Nancy! The High Island birds were just beginning nest making the last few weeks, with only one mother-to-be possible sitting on eggs a week ago Friday.

Super shots Nancy! The High Island birds were just beginning nest making the last few weeks, with only one mother-to-be possible sitting on eggs a week ago Friday.

Thanks:biggrin:. Some of the birds were sitting on eggs, some still building nests and others with chicks at different stages.

Nancy

Wonderful Nancy! The shots with just the chicks are a riot. The fill flash looks good, but the flash shadow in the first photo is a bit distracting. I'm not one to talk, though, since I haven't gotten far enough in my education to know how to fill flash worth a hoot. Great job.

Wonderful Nancy! The shots with just the chicks are a riot. The fill flash looks good, but the flash shadow in the first photo is a bit distracting. I'm not one to talk, though, since I haven't gotten far enough in my education to know how to fill flash worth a hoot. Great job.
I had not noticed the shadow. Thanks for pointing that out. Something new to look for when using fill flash in those situations. Always learning:smile:
The other shots it seems to work ok because there is nothing in front of the subjects.

Cheers
Nancy

The magic of photoshop. I kept looking at that shadow :frown:

Nancy

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom