Spring as sprung at Gatorland in Orlando!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flygirl1, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Hi all. I went out to Gatorland this morning for the first time. Well, the place is a wash with nests and babies. A lot of the nests are well surrounded with limbs and such, which makes it difficult to get good shots. This one was a little less so, but in the shade, (smart mom, but difficult for photographers:rolleyes: ) I gave it a bit of fill flash. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Nancy

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those tricolor babies are just a riot. what a mess they are...lololol
    Super pics
    Post some more:>))))
    You found Larry Moe amd Curly...lolol

3. [​IMG]

ok one more, :biggrin: Only a mother could love:smile:

Nancy

4. Super shots Nancy! The High Island birds were just beginning nest making the last few weeks, with only one mother-to-be possible sitting on eggs a week ago Friday.

5. Thanks:biggrin:. Some of the birds were sitting on eggs, some still building nests and others with chicks at different stages.

Nancy

6. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Wonderful Nancy! The shots with just the chicks are a riot. The fill flash looks good, but the flash shadow in the first photo is a bit distracting. I'm not one to talk, though, since I haven't gotten far enough in my education to know how to fill flash worth a hoot. Great job.

7. I had not noticed the shadow. Thanks for pointing that out. Something new to look for when using fill flash in those situations. Always learning:smile:
    The other shots it seems to work ok because there is nothing in front of the subjects.

Cheers
    Nancy

8. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Nancy,

These are very nice! The second one is a wallhanger! Too cute for words.

9. Thanks so much.:smile:

Nancy

10. The magic of photoshop. I kept looking at that shadow :frown:

[​IMG]

Nancy

11. Awesome shots
    I will be down there the first week in june I sure hoe there is still dome activity

12. Thanks! There should be. There are birds still on eggs and some still building.

Nancy

13. Cool shots Nancy.

They need to change to a different brand of shampoo.