Spring color in Idaho

I think that lilacs have got to be one of my favorite flowers. They are beautiful here right now.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a flower I planted over the weekend. Can't remember the name of it, though.

View attachment 9786

Shot with 50mm 1.8 and Olympus MCON 35 macro converter.

Constructive criticism always welcome.

Originals with exif here:

http://www.pbase.com/terrif/flowers

Terri French said:
This is a flower I planted over the weekend. Can't remember the name of it, though.
I like this instant flowering plant ;-).

Very nice indeed. I believe matrix metering is used, it would be interesting to try center weight or spot metering, and see how the different exposure modes compared. With spot metering, you should get a darker backdrop which will isolate the flower a little more.

Regards,
Jonathan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
viewfinder said:
Terri French said:
I like this instant flowering plant ;-).

Very nice indeed. I believe matrix metering is used, it would be interesting to try center weight or spot metering, and see how the different exposure modes compared. With spot metering, you should get a darker backdrop which will isolate the flower a little more.

Regards,
Jonathan
Thanks for the tip Jonathan. I'll give it a try. Over the weekend when I planted all my flowers we had 80 degree weather--very nice. Yesterday we had a big storm go through. I just looked out my window at 5 a.m. and there is a heavy frost. Hope my flowers survived!!!! That is life in Idaho.

Very nice on both, but the yellow one really stands out. You have depth of color w/o loss of detail. Great!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom