Spring color in Idaho

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Terri French, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I think that lilacs have got to be one of my favorite flowers. They are beautiful here right now.

This is a flower I planted over the weekend. Can't remember the name of it, though.

View attachment 9786

Shot with 50mm 1.8 and Olympus MCON 35 macro converter.

Constructive criticism always welcome.

Originals with exif here:

http://www.pbase.com/terrif/flowers

2. I like the second one. Very sharp. Thanks for sharing.

3. I like this instant flowering plant ;-).

Very nice indeed. I believe matrix metering is used, it would be interesting to try center weight or spot metering, and see how the different exposure modes compared. With spot metering, you should get a darker backdrop which will isolate the flower a little more.

Regards,
    Jonathan

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks for the tip Jonathan. I'll give it a try. Over the weekend when I planted all my flowers we had 80 degree weather--very nice. Yesterday we had a big storm go through. I just looked out my window at 5 a.m. and there is a heavy frost. Hope my flowers survived!!!! That is life in Idaho.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice on both, but the yellow one really stands out. You have depth of color w/o loss of detail. Great!

6. Beautiful shots, Terri!!! :D :D :D