Spring Ephemerals Are Starting!

Real Name
Mike
This is the earliest I've seen these in my neck of the woods. We've had a wonderful early Spring. Think it's gonna be a spectacular season for wildflowers.

Rue Anemone (Anemonella thalictroides)

rue anemone 3-23-2021.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Beautiful image, Mike! Such a pretty little flower. I agree that we are seeing signs of an early spring.

Figures......we are headed to Death Valley and it will probably be much hotter than usual for this time of year.................. :rolleyes: Sunday it is supposed to hit 91°

Real Name
Mike
Beautiful image, Mike! Such a pretty little flower. I agree that we are seeing signs of an early spring.

Figures......we are headed to Death Valley and it will probably be much hotter than usual for this time of year.................. :rolleyes: Sunday it is supposed to hit 91°
Thanks Karen. Too early for 91°. Actually, I could do without those temps period!

That's a beauty, Mike, and an unusual color for Rue Anemone. I've never seen one that wasn't white. We do get Hepatica in that shade.

I'm also surprised that your blossoms are coming early this year. Ours are definitely later; we have seen no anemone yet.

My wife and I are seriously considering a trip up your way this Spring, timed to see those spectacular Showy Lady's Slippers. I'm assuming that will be mid to late May - right?

Real Name
Mike
That's a beauty, Mike, and an unusual color for Rue Anemone. I've never seen one that wasn't white. We do get Hepatica in that shade.

I'm also surprised that your blossoms are coming early this year. Ours are definitely later; we have seen no anemone yet.

My wife and I are seriously considering a trip up your way this Spring, timed to see those spectacular Showy Lady's Slippers. I'm assuming that will be mid to late May - right?
That was the only one blooming yesterday evening. Today, there are hundreds of Anemones and Hepatica in all shades from pure white to deep lavender. The weather here has been spectacular this week. I'm seeing lots of images from all around the state of early ephemerals.

The Showys generally come in around the end of May - early June. I'd love to see/meet you and have you experience them and everything my preserve has to offer. I'll let you know how they are looking when they start showing up.

Latest threads

Top Bottom