Spring has sprung ... comments welcome!

Kat

oops ... just learning how to post an image

blooms.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Welcome Kat with your second post. Nice to have you involved in the Cafe. This is a lovely image but would be improved even more if you could isolate the intended flowers even more. This could be done with a backdrop of some kind (foam core board, etc.), cutting off the light to the rear flowers making them darker, less depth of field, or perhaps some work in Photo Shop. Thanks for sharing this image with us.

Welcome Kat, enjoy the cafe. I agree with Gordon. Your photo has all the elements to be a great one. So, go out there and try some more on the same subject! :)

Kat

Thanks all for the welcome and the kind comments. I had just gotten my D70 back from Melville and was anxious to get snappin again. This was a very impromptu shot ... I had just taken my daughter to school and when I got home, the light was hitting the azaleas so perfectly, I didn't take any time to prepare. So next time, I will do the necessary prep work and have my tripod ready as well as a means to isolate the bloom.

Thanks again for making me feel welcome here!

Kat

Kat,
I'm working on trying to get lighting right myself. I love natural light as opposed to flash, particularly for flowers. So even if the background is a bit busy, the lighting is still pleasing. Did you try cropping in at all? Maybe a touch off the top as well as left side? Regardless, well done. I look forward to more of your posts.

Kat

Leigh,

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of a tighter crop. Here's my attempt .. I think it works ... what do you think?

blooms%20crop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kat

Thanks Bryan ... I'm still learning .... but I guess we never stop learning do we??

Thanks again!

Kat

Latest threads

Top Bottom