Spring in the Rockies.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by cwilt, Jun 4, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change.

[​IMG]

2. One of the things that I really want to photograph is lightening. Nice shot.

Any tips on recording a bolt? Just good timeing?

3. Cool!

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I like 3 to 5 second exposures with a tripod. :) Look for a general area where the strikes are happening. Use a remote if you got one.

Its tough during the day because the exposure is short. Even at f32 and ISO 100.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great catch.. Never been able to do that..

6. Nice catch of the lightning Charles. The stormy clouds and the houses all together convey a feeling of threat.

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Funny you should say that. About 5 minutes after this image was captured a funnel cloud starting forming almost on top of our house. I was so busy getting the kids and wife down to safety that I forgot to push the shutter release. By the time I got them moving it closed up. At that point I realized I didn't capture it. :evil: