"Spring Into .." Meme Starts 5/24, Official Signup Thread

I am going to attempt to do this.

Nikkor 35 f2 D and Nikkor 85 f1.8 D

Will both be on DX format - D7000 or D80

Hey, great to have you Dave. You're using one of my favorites, the 85 1.8D. I'm looking forward to some excellent use of that special lens. I'll have you posted on the list tonight. I think you'll find this a very friendly group, and you'll soon come to know them as friends.

Last edited:
I haven't been too active around here lately, stop by to look around most days but my contributions have been lacking :(
This meme sounds like a good chance to have some fun and return to participating more here on the Cafe, so count me in.

I'll be shooting two lenses, a Sigma 24mm f1.8 and a Nikkor 300mm AF (not AFS), both mounted on my D7000.

Thanks Harry for organizing this for all of us to enjoy :)

Harry, this meme got off to a slow start, but it's gathered serious momentum. You've pulled together an All Star group of players! This will be fun.

As I told Harry in a PM I've had a very busy period with a wonderful trip to South Africa (photos will be posted, I promise), sports, work, and some health issues with my mother. Things are slowing down again and this meme is probably a good way to take up the camera again, so I hope I can still participate.

Camera will be the D7100 this time with at least the AF-S DX 85mm micro. I have been eyeing the new AF-S 35/1.8 (non-DX) for a while so that will probably be my second lens.

First off, I'd like to thank Harry for the warm note, welcoming me back to the fold. We had just a horrible winter here in Toronto and I just really haven't been taking any pictures - something that needs to change.

I love these types of exercises for the gentle nudge that they give you to shoot when you otherwise wouldn't and to embrace creativity within the construct of the meme format - 1 or 2 primes.

So, I will play.

And, I will play with 2 classic lenses on my Nikon D700.

The Nikkor 24mm F2.8 Ai-s and the equivalent vintage Nikkor 105mm 2.5 Ai-s.

I look forward to a great month of photography and fellowship with my friends here at the Cafe!

I haven't been too active around here lately, stop by to look around most days but my contributions have been lacking :(
This meme sounds like a good chance to have some fun and return to participating more here on the Cafe, so count me in.

I'll be shooting two lenses, a Sigma 24mm f1.8 and a Nikkor 300mm AF (not AFS), both mounted on my D7000.

Thanks Harry for organizing this for all of us to enjoy :)

Great that you decided to go with it, Bill. I really look forward to participating again with you. You'll be on the list by evening.

As I told Harry in a PM I've had a very busy period with a wonderful trip to South Africa (photos will be posted, I promise), sports, work, and some health issues with my mother. Things are slowing down again and this meme is probably a good way to take up the camera again, so I hope I can still participate.

Camera will be the D7100 this time with at least the AF-S DX 85mm micro. I have been eyeing the new AF-S 35/1.8 (non-DX) for a while so that will probably be my second lens.

Fantastic to see you decide to join, Kees. That South African trip should be a visual treat for the rest of us for sure. I'll have your data up soon.

First off, I'd like to thank Harry for the warm note, welcoming me back to the fold. We had just a horrible winter here in Toronto and I just really haven't been taking any pictures - something that needs to change.

I love these types of exercises for the gentle nudge that they give you to shoot when you otherwise wouldn't and to embrace creativity within the construct of the meme format - 1 or 2 primes.

So, I will play.

And, I will play with 2 classic lenses on my Nikon D700.

The Nikkor 24mm F2.8 Ai-s and the equivalent vintage Nikkor 105mm 2.5 Ai-s.

I look forward to a great month of photography and fellowship with my friends here at the Cafe!

Darren you've described the value of the meme, for sure, far better than I could. Great to see some of those vintage manual lenses in play .... I've grown addicted to using mine since getting the D600 .... to the point that they probably account for at least half my shooting. You'll be "on the board" by evening, I promise.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' message about this, Harry. I'll give it a go - try to use lenses that don't ordinarily get a lot of mileage from me:
10.5 mm DX and 105/2.8G.

They'll mostly be screwed onto a D7100, but will likely also see service on a D200 that was lifepixelled for IR use.

Folks, I forgot to add John to the list, and want to apologize publicly for doing so. He'll be on there in five minutes.

Folks, I forgot to add John to the list, and want to apologize publicly for doing so. He'll be on there in five minutes.

No apology needed -- I just wanted to make sure that I didn't also need a secret handshake or password ("Harry sent me") to be added to the roster. Sincere thanks for organizing this.

Hello, meme folks. I need to inform you that I will be away and (probably) not posting during the meme's start on Saturday and Sunday. Not that that matters so much, but if you have any issues please contact either Frank or Lyndee who have graciously agreed to "fill in" while I am gone. Unfortunately I will be gone because of some bad news: my older sister's husband passed away yesterday and so the start of Memorial Day weekend will be filled with a funeral .... not the start of summer I was hoping for. I will be driving to Rochester, NY tomorrow.

For those who would like tracking spreadsheets sent to them, start a conversation with me and send your email address. When I get back Sunday I will finish putting the sheet together and get it out. Sorry I can't meet the Friday night deadline I promised.

In any case, I will be looking forward to reviewing the first two days of the meme when I can and picking up with your starting late Sunday.

Oh, a new meme...........I like the theme and how it is set up, thanks Harry!

Count me in!

I'll use the Panaleica 25mm f1.4 (50mm equivalent) and the mZuiko 60mm f2.8 (120mm equivalent) on my OM-Ds either the E-M1 or E-M5

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Oh, a new meme...........I like the theme and how it is set up, thanks Harry!

Count me in!

I'll use the Panaleica 25mm f1.4 (50mm equivalent) and the mZuiko 60mm f2.8 (120mm equivalent) on my OM-Ds either the E-M1 or E-M5
You're in, Michael - and you know I cannot WAIT to see what you come up with! :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom