Spring macro 70-200VR w/500D

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by TOLady, May 6, 2005.

1. Yes this new combo is going to take some getting used to but I think I like it, and it beats carrying around a separate macro lens. Chose shortest DOF just to see the results. I think I'm going to like the 500D.
    original.

But if I don't feel like carrying a cannon around, I can always pull out my trusty li'l ol' 990 *LOL* It's not too bad in a pinch....
    original.

2. I like the results too!

Martin

3. Nice work, Sandi! I love the tonality, DOF and sharpness you've got here.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. iunknown

iunknown

Mar 18, 2005
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Oh Sandi... these are just beautiful. I really like the results. Are these handheld?

I think I would re-consider 500D again (as opposed to 105mm)

5. Good pictures Sandi! The OOF is really nice. Regards.

6. Hi Sandy

Great shots, great DOF, color............luv that combo and gives you great flexibility. I find a monopod helps, shoot in manual focusing and just move forward and backwards to focus, works quite slick. Here's a shot with that combo.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Nice shots Sandi!! :D :D :D

9. Thanks folks, sorry about taking so long.... I'm going to luv this setup, eventually!!! LOL
    Thanks for that post, Keith, shows me what's possible. That is one beautiful insect! I'll have to keep that monopod idea in mind for next time. These were both totally hand held - I wanted to test drive it under the worst conditions to see what it churns out.

10. You will definitely love this combo. The macro abilities are certainly limited but the effects you may achieve are more than rewarding.
    Cheers

11. Wow, that's really shallow. Great detail though. How far have you tried stopping down? Just curious in seeing how much you can get in focus.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great pics, Sandi! Love it when us ladies give the big boys a run for their money like you did w/these shots!!!

13. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Excellent work!! Great composition, exposure right on. Love them.
    Jerry Snider

14. Didn't take you long to get on top of the macro. Well taken series of shots Sandi and the color are great.