Spring macro 70-200VR w/500D

Yes this new combo is going to take some getting used to but I think I like it, and it beats carrying around a separate macro lens. Chose shortest DOF just to see the results. I think I'm going to like the 500D.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

But if I don't feel like carrying a cannon around, I can always pull out my trusty li'l ol' 990 *LOL* It's not too bad in a pinch....
original.jpg

Oh Sandi... these are just beautiful. I really like the results. Are these handheld?

I think I would re-consider 500D again (as opposed to 105mm)

Hi Sandy

Great shots, great DOF, color............luv that combo and gives you great flexibility. I find a monopod helps, shoot in manual focusing and just move forward and backwards to focus, works quite slick. Here's a shot with that combo.

32069431.gif

Thanks folks, sorry about taking so long.... I'm going to luv this setup, eventually!!! LOL
Thanks for that post, Keith, shows me what's possible. That is one beautiful insect! I'll have to keep that monopod idea in mind for next time. These were both totally hand held - I wanted to test drive it under the worst conditions to see what it churns out.

You will definitely love this combo. The macro abilities are certainly limited but the effects you may achieve are more than rewarding.
Cheers

Great pics, Sandi! Love it when us ladies give the big boys a run for their money like you did w/these shots!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom