Spring storm in SD Badlands

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by super_rep, Mar 4, 2005.

1. We were driving across the South Dakota Badlands in June 2000. There were scattered thunder storms, rainbows and patches of sunlit landscape. This is one of the more colorful shots I got. I hope I won't get thrown out for posting it. It's from my old DC-290.

SDBadlandsspringstorm.

Chet

2. Holy smokes! What an opportunity. Got any more?

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Chet,

Don't let the word get out, but we don't give a flip what cam you are shooting with.... :lol:

Wonderful pic. Anyone with any cam would be thrilled.... :wink:

Regards,

Frank

4. Here's the link to my Badlands album

The first two are the Oregon Trail, near Scotts Bluff, NE, a couple from Custer Park, SD and then the Badlands shots.

Keep in mind, that all these were shot with a KODAK DC-290 in 2000. That's less than 3 megs/shot. I sure wish I could go back and have the same lighting and weather conditions occur agian, and have my D2H and D-100 with me.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v512/ChetParks/Badlands/

Chet

5. Wow what an amazing shot......look at that purple!! Thanks!! :D

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Very nice light. you captured it well.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have a boat load of pics from the Kodak DC4800 and the Nikon CP5000. and the D100..

I wouldn't give any image up just because of what cam it was taken with..

Your gallery is quite beautiful..

Thank for sharing.

Cheers
    Gale

8. When oppurtunity knocks

shoot it, wow what a great capture

9. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    That's what I call an amazing picture,have more to share?

10. Stunning shot- I'd be happy to have that on my wall anyday...who cares about the camera..I care about the "eye".