Spring time Butterflies (large pics )

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by RFCGRAPHICS, May 23, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Some spring time butterflies taken at the new bronx zoo exhibit. All taken with a nikon D100 and the nikkor 60mm micro (handheld).

original.

original.

original.

original.

View attachment 9325

Regards

RFC

2. Wow Robert, these are breathtaking :!:

The 60mm micro is definitely living up to its reputation.

#1 and #3 showed how the Nikon matrix metering is working, perfectly that is.

Regards,
    Jonathan

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series Robert. I really like the venetian blinds effect you used on the last one.

4. Robert,

What settings did you use ? Flash ?

BTW. We are trying to organize Bronx Zoo get-together on June 4th or so. Would you be interested ?

5. Absolutely beautiful!!! :D :D :D

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    very nice colors indeed. Number 2 is my favorite.

7. Robert,

These are all great, but no. 2 is fantastic!! :) :) Love the detail in the eyes. Thanks for sharing.

8. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Coool.

Simply Outstanding. I tool some Butterfly shots about a week ago - in fact it was my first post on to nikoncafe. I printed out a 16 X 20 and it is even more impressive!

I think your #1 shot would be super that size also!

9. Wow, especially #2 is gorgeous!

(From a look in his eyes, it seems this guy is a true soccer-fan!) :wink:

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi : Viewfinder, Flew, Jay Luto, Photodwag, Greg, Nikam, Theko, MCS

I was very suprised that these came out as well as they did. But believe me, I had a lot of rejects from this outing.

As to the settings, EXIF data can be found at http://www.pbase.com/rfcd100/spring_2005_in_new_york_city_gallery. In general, I shot cloudy wb, RAW, aperture matrix metering, low contrast, normal sharpen, iso 200. The last two images were also shot with a flash fill.

Sorry Jay, I have a wedding to attend on that date. But I am sure you will have a great time at the bronx zoo. Its such a fun place to spend the day. Get there early though, it gets crowded on weekends :)

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Regards

RFC