Spring time Wild Flowers (Mount St. Helens)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by socrdude, Jun 6, 2018.

1. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    shot this at sunrise yesterday...
    did a bit of focus stacking, but we are still not at peak for wild flowers as the Lupine have not yet bloomed. Was at my favorite location at just before 5am which requires at 250 am departure from my house and then a hike out.
    Ran into a herd of Elk grazing in the area, which is always a welcome sight. Success.

d750 with Tammy 24-70 G2

• Like Like x 4
  2. drr1531

drr1531

Jan 2, 2009
    Alaska
    Well it was worth the effort. Awesome shot.

3. Agree 100%. It's great that you young folks will make the sacrifice to get pictures like that for us old folks to enjoy!

4. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    thank you for the comments and traveling with me.. NOTE: I am 63. After sunrise Wild flowers, we hit this peak and then drove a bit and then hiked to the base of Mount St Helens.

Attached Files:

5. Yep, young folks like you. :)

6. tcr18h

tcr18h

Oct 25, 2009
    Beautiful vista. Delicious colours.

7. fab shot!

cheers
    alexis & Georgie Beagle

"definitely a wall hanger!" - Georgie Beagle

8. Very pretty and colorful shot. It looks like a painting. Well done.

R/
    Dave

9. Great photo and depth of field sharpness

10. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    thanks, Alan, Dave, Alexis, Jim x 2, Nick, Tim

11. asaya

asaya

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Very nice thanks for sharing

12. Beautiful shot indeed. I know this spot but have never been there at the right time. For me I would have to leave even earlier than you. It is on my list but most likely I will spend the night a little closer. You got just the right amount of clouds it looks like to me.

13. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Such a special image! If you decide to print it, consider removing ??? in the very upper right corner and cleaning up all the dust and other spots. I think a sensor cleaning is badly needed! ;)

14. Congrats both on the beautiful image and on your effort at the age of 63!

15. Excellent capture. Well worth an early morning excursion which in my opinion are the best kind of outings.

16. socrdude

socrdude

Jun 5, 2009
    USA-Today
    thanks.. I have noted the issue to Nikon as this is a new D750 and I see the spots, so not sure if the shutter is tossing oil or such on the sensor.. but I noted that as well.. the spots..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.