Spring, Voigtlander Nokton 50 f/1.1 and Velvia 50

Looking through some images from last year I really wanted to get a good, fast 50mm again. Just to take out for a spin once in a while. But I was never 100% with the ones I had. Then I remembered that this 50mm f/1.1 exists and after finding out how little it costs (relatively speaking of course, I am now firmly in Leica land where a really good deal is sub 1000 euros or 1400 USD) I just had to grab one and try it out.

Really, it's a nice lens, I'm having fun. It behaves well wide open considering it's at 1.1, bokeh is much less nauseatingly swirly as a Noctilux and vignetting is there but reasonable. Now waiting for good pictures to happen, but at least got these from the last two rolls of Velvia 50 I shot :smile:

5596183138_85be0c5251_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5595599971_58d42bae03_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another vote for Number 2. I also have this lens, it is awesome! I use it on my M2. What a great combo! I'll have to try it with Velvia 50. :smile:

I prefer #1 to be honest. I guess you need an F/1.1 lens to shoot RVP at night!

Thanks for the share, I look the look of Velvia.

D

Deleted member 960

I prefer #1 to be honest. I guess you need an F/1.1 lens to shoot RVP at night!

Was thinking the same thing, ISO 50 at night! :eek: My fave is #2 but both
are excellent! Well done, Koen!

Real Name
Chris
Heh. As long as we are voting, I'll jump in with a vote for #1 - the subject is not a usual Velvia subject. Chick texting, reflections, and that bike seat trying to get in on the action! What's not to like? The second one is good as well, and the approaching cop makes it ... dangerous!

The Noctilux has nauseating swirls. ... :redface: - who knew? Knowing that, I guess I will sell mine for the 50 1.1 :rolleyes:.
On second thought, perhaps not.

Apart from the nauseating comment about the Noct, nice shots. Did you have an ND filter on?

Gregory

Last edited by a moderator:
The Noctilux has nauseating swirls. ...:redface: , who knew?. Knowing that I guess I will sell mine for the 50 1.1 :rolleyes:.

On second hand, perhaps not.

Apart from the nausating comment about the Noct , nice shots. Did you have a ND filter on?

Gregory

You can get TEN 50/1.1's for the price of a single Noct! :eek:

Actually, the used prices of the Noct are up over the $6,000 range on the used market so you could probably get 11 Voigtlander 50 1.1s. But that's not my point. My point is why make a negative comment about the 50 1.0 Noct in the process of showing some nice photos with what looks like another really great lens. Especially since the difference is really not that significant, bokeh wise.

I am not saying the Leica 50 1.0 is better, but to say its bokeh is nauseating is insulting to those who own it, use it and love it.

I've got a long history of sticking up for my pals, and me my Noct are tight :smile:.

I'm out.

Gregory

I am not saying the Leica 50 1.0 is better, but to say it's bokeh is nauseating is insulting to those that own it, use it, and love it.

A differing of opinions about commercial goods should never be seen as an insult personally, even though one opinion is perhaps somewhat strongly voiced. I'm not insulting anyone, just a comment about a piece of metal with some glass in it.

Don't think I had the ND for the second one, sure didn't on the first. Gotta have a ND filter with such fast glass :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom