1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Sprouting Shallot

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mike Buckley, May 10, 2019.

1. I bought a pair of shallots only because they had begun to sprout greenery and would make good photography subjects. As the greenery grew a bit, this shallot became much more interesting than the other one, so I only photographed this one. Perhaps this one and/or the other one will look even more interesting a week or so from now. Perhaps not.

Setup
    The tabletop and background are a single sheet of semi-glossy gold presentation board. A medium continuous-light lamp on the right was fitted with black matte aluminum foil to control where the light fell.

Mike 2019-05-10--001-S.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Nicely done, as you always do lighting is controlled and tells a story. I can't wait to see what it does as it grows.
    Gary

3. Lovely lighting and detail!

4. Nicely shot

5. Great use of light, Mike!
    It really brings out the textures and shape.

6. Very nice image Mike! Your lighting makes the image.

7. Let's give some credit to the shallot. :D 

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.