Spud the dog

Discussion in 'Birds' started by SteveK, Apr 1, 2007.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Today Spud would have been 14 if he were still with us. He died of kidney failure 1 1/2 years ago. This photo was taken in March 1994 after a two day snowstorm dumped about 9 feet of new snow on us.
    [​IMG]

2. Hey Steve he looks like a great companion who was lucky enough to spend his life with you and I'm sure he will live on in your memories and pictures.
    I lost a cat earlier this year, I held her in the palm of my hand when she was a kitten while her eyes were still shut, 17 years later I held her in my arms as the vet put her to sleep - old age got the better of her and I wasn't prepared to see her suffer, I cried my eyes out!
    To some people the animals we look after are nothing but pets - in reality they are a very big part of our family and our lives.
    Happy birthday Spud.
    All the best

3. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    Thanks Daren. He was a good dog, pulled my wife for thousands of miles of ski-jouring. He now rests on a hill overlooking a lake with a beaver lodge just below him, a place we used to walk frequently. We now have a new sled dog Lucy, who at 18 months is a bundle of energy that's sometimes difficult to handle.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lovely image , Light and Companion
    Thank you for sharing

5. What a beautiful dog! Beautiful photo and beautiful memory.

6. TheBear

TheBear Guest

that's a really cute picture