Square Credit Card App and Reader

I use it as well, and they just released it for the Android platform :smile:

I am a little bummed about the $1k/month withdraw limit. I forgot about that and took a $2k payment the other day. Now I have to wait till next month to get the other half.

I just got one for my portrait busines for clients who want to use their CC's. I used to take CC payments through Paypal but I found a lot of my clients didn't like to use it. Square seems like a great alternative.

I use it as well, and they just released it for the Android platform :smile:

I am a little bummed about the $1k/month withdraw limit. I forgot about that and took a $2k payment the other day. Now I have to wait till next month to get the other half.

I fail to understand why they would limit your withdrawals? It's YOUR money and they've received THEIR fee, so why not give you all your money right away? You have to be a very small retailer for this to work.

I just started using it recently. Works great. As Sandi mentioned you have a be a small retailer for this work which I am so it is perfect. For a free setup and minimal fees (I charge and extra $1 for processing fees) this is a great way to go. I use it mainly for team and individual sport team shoots. Most of my orders are between $12-$30 so with the fee I add I either make a few extra cents or loose a few, but it usually averages out. Makes a "small" business like mine appear a little larger (having the ability to take credit cards).

I fail to understand why they would limit your withdrawals? It's YOUR money and they've received THEIR fee, so why not give you all your money right away? You have to be a very small retailer for this to work.

They will lift the limit after you have been with them for awhile. From my understanding, the limit is placed in case of chargebacks. Once you establish a good track record with them, they can remove the limit.

Yeah but still unacceptable when you're making sales over $1000.

Either way, accepting a credit card comes with a fee. 2.75% isn't bad to have a company manage everything for you AND give you a free device.

I'm going to consider getting one of these.

^^

Plus, I read that you can contact Square and let them know that you need the limit lifted. They'll review your account, and remove the limit if your aren't giving refunds constantly.

just got mine yesterday and set it up today....
I think it will work for me, until I start getting to many transactions.... then I will have to go to my BANK and set it up.....

later....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom