Square.

Second roll, kinda. Color is at the lab.

Chairs.

2647561587_4825395a0e.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A lot of them.

Stuff like this makes me wish I had another back with some portra in it at all times. But I think I still like it anyways.

Logs.

2648391916_e5c9ebd71a.jpg

K.

Football.

2648356350_7ca62c8939.png

View this bigger please. So you can admire all my nice dust that I can't be bothered to clone out. http://www.flickr.com/photos/connorroelke/2648356350/sizes/l/

Silo.

2647482737_e664abc16b.jpg

This should have been in color.

Not the west. Not even close.

2648313426_0bd4f8df96.jpg

Square is amazing. The second I saw these scene I thought western. Old truck, license plate falling off, the list goes on.

Well, anyway, the less-than-formal introduction to Rhode Island.

Dock.

2648189390_5cbe6b9758.jpg

Second long exposure, F/8 or something. Tri-x 400.

Light leak. Gah.

View attachment 224160

Logs is my favorite, beautiful! Chairs just jump out of the screen at you it's so sharp! Football, indeed comes alive large, great stuff. I always thought the square format funny...until I used it, now I question who chopped off half the frame when I look through a 35mm viewfinder!
Love the tones in all of them
I just got back my first two rolls of Velvia50 shot in the Eastern Sierra and Yosemite at dusk. OMG! My local Nikon retailer always used to have some 6X6 slides laying around his loupe and light table demos. I forgot how good this stuff looks in color, jeez it's amazing....no it's just jawdropping!:biggrin:
Hopefully later in the week I can put the scanner back to work.

More square goodness. Looks like you're on a roll - so to speak!:biggrin:
Buy yourself a wide Static Master brush. It's great for cleaning the negs before scanning!

Better shooting through radioactivity.

I love your stuff Connor!

Thanks Chris!

More square goodness. Looks like you're on a roll - so to speak!:biggrin:
Buy yourself a wide Static Master brush. It's great for cleaning the negs before scanning!

Thanks Ray. I have an antistatic cloth that I wipe it down with. I think I just forgot a time or two, haha. And I didn't bother cleaning the glass, I probably should have.

Logs is my favorite, beautiful! Chairs just jump out of the screen at you it's so sharp! Football, indeed comes alive large, great stuff. I always thought the square format funny...until I used it, now I question who chopped off half the frame when I look through a 35mm viewfinder!
Love the tones in all of them
I just got back my first two rolls of Velvia50 shot in the Eastern Sierra and Yosemite at dusk. OMG! My local Nikon retailer always used to have some 6X6 slides laying around his loupe and light table demos. I forgot how good this stuff looks in color, jeez it's amazing....no it's just jawdropping!:biggrin:
Hopefully later in the week I can put the scanner back to work.

Thanks Tim. I actually have a roll of Velvia 100 at the lab right now, can't wait to get that back. But oh my god. $8 to buy the roll and $8 to process it, more than a dollar a picture. I hope it's good. From now on I'm buying in bulk and no more E-6.

Connor,
these should be in a coffee table book
what an excellent series
so wonderful shot and handled by you

i really appreciate you sharing them with us

You're really doing great with the new camera Connor, I particually like the silo.

As Greg says this is a nice collection, maybe they should be put togeather into an album or something.

Great series Connor! I like Tri-X 320, usually develop it in D76, sometimes in HC110. I also like Velvia, I use it sparingly since it isn't cheap. As Stealthman says, the color is awesome! I think it is worth the cost. I love the logs and the silo. You have a good eye. Keep up the good work with your new camera. :smile:

I like em. I love the square format.

Thanks, it's so much easier for me to compose square. It's a joy.

They are all very nice. Good work!

Thanks Jani!

Great series Connor! I like Tri-X 320, usually develop it in D76, sometimes in HC110. I also like Velvia, I use it sparingly since it isn't cheap. As Stealthman says, the color is awesome! I think it is worth the cost. I love the logs and the silo. You have a good eye. Keep up the good work with your new camera. :smile:

Thanks Michael. I didn't bother with Tri-x 320 because it's a pain being a third stop increment when using my d50 to meter. I don't know if there is much difference with the 400 and 320, I just assumed the difference couldn't be huge. I think I'm going to like velvia, but slide costs are just so much more than negatives that I think I'll just stick with Portra.

You're really doing great with the new camera Connor, I particually like the silo.

As Greg says this is a nice collection, maybe they should be put togeather into an album or something.

Thanks Robert. I'm in love with this camera, such a joy to shoot.

Absolutely beautiful, Connor! Nice.

Thanks Shane!

Connor,
these should be in a coffee table book
what an excellent series
so wonderful shot and handled by you

i really appreciate you sharing them with us

Thanks Greg. I have unlimited access to a darkroom next year (With free chemicals and paper!) so I might make a bunch of 6x6's and put them in a book. I'll definitely have plenty of negatives for next year.

I don't know why, but I either use the meter at 400 or I use the sunny 16 rule. I also like the square format, I have a mamiya C3 and C33. They are cool cameras. My taste for large format will preclude me from ever getting a hasselblad. I am working on restoring a Kodak View @d 5x7. It needs a bellows and some major cosmetic work. I will post photos when I start that project.

Latest threads

Top Bottom