1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

    If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Squash Arms? (C+C needed)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by jeremyInMT, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. jeremyInMT

    jeremyInMT Guest

    My wife and I have a small garden, into which we planted a butternut squash. Unbeknownst to us (but knownst to squash lovers) it started going everywhere, including into our neighbors plants. So the neighbor found out that squash will grow just fine up a trellace of sorts so she was nice enough to arrange it on the railing around the porch for us. Last night I went out to take a couple macro shots to try and improve my lack-luster macro skills. I don't know what these parts of the squash plant are called so I called them squash arms because it's how they hang onto everything. Does anyone know what the real name for that part is? I'd love to hear some feedback on this because I need some serious improvement.

    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  2. Generally speaking, those are tendrils.
  3. jeremyInMT

    jeremyInMT Guest

    That sounds a bit more appropriate than arms I guess...hehe...Thanks Sean!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.