Squawk! Screech! Wup!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by MontyDog, Oct 11, 2005.

1. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Let start by saying that these are better than any (free flying) Raptor shots I've ever taken. Looks like the day was just splendid for any sort of photography! But, that said, I think one of the first rules of birding is no dogs allowed. For some strange reason, birds don't like to get too close to dogs...or cats for that matter :confused: If you're going out with serious intentions of shooting birds, you're gonna have to leave the dog at home, can't do both. Bummer, huh? :frown: (Paul, I'm sure you knew this already).
    So did the jet just "happen" to fly by? Also, that's about the longest tongue I've even seen on a dog....WOW!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey you got some Raptors.........don't ya just hate that they always seem to stay backlight and far off. These are Red Shoulder Hawks I believe ?

Out here in Calif. if you try and shot an airplane (let alone a Jet) you get to talk to every Airport Cop around :smile: Yours is neat I dig the way you can see the pilot, I think it's quite interesting how there shape does resemble Raptors :wink:

Now the GS is superb, love it love them dogs (all of em really).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Not bad shots Paul. It's hard to do much better if they won't come close (unless you have 700 or 800 mm to work with), and especially when they are back lit.

Say hi to Monte for me. He's a sweet looking pup. :smile:

5. Looks like a fun day was had by both of you, Paul. Look at that furry face - talk about man's best friend!

6. I think that second raptor shot is quite good and then of course there is always Monte when things are slow. He is one fine looking dog. Your fighter plane is a nice looking shot as well.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

8. We know them as Buzzards in the UK.

Well Paul, it is really nice to see you getting shots like these. You must be very pleased. Monty looks full of loving anticipation. Are you sure you did not have a large juicy knuckle bone in your pocket?

Best way to photograph this species is to buy a dead rabbit from the butchers. Tether it to the ground and WAIT. If they are flying about then about 2 hours should be sufficent.

BW. Bob F

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Paul,

Flewwwwwwwwww is right those are the toughest shots to even try, (but we do anyway :>)) To far away and back lit. Yes the raptors like to torment humans that think they have better sight...lol

Mighty big eye you got there. You can't see me, but I can see my self in your BIG eye.

The second one looks good.

Now Monty, Bless his faithful heart...Gotta be the best of all friends and understanding. Great image of him wondering what the H is doing now :>))

Thanks for sharing.