Squirrel on edge

Squirrel%20on%20Edge%20web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It looks like Chad on edge too. Cool shot. I'm surprised that you could get close enough to get such a good shot at 120mm. Where was this taken?

Flew said:
It looks like Chad on edge too. Cool shot. I'm surprised that you could get close enough to get such a good shot at 120mm. Where was this taken?
I took it in Waterton National Park, Canada, which is just north of Glacier National Park, Montana. The mountain I was on is a popular tourist trail and I suspect this critter made an appearance in the hopes of scavenging a tasty morsel - its family has probably made a living at it for generations by now - consequently 120mm was more than adequate. They are fast, but quite numerous and rather friendly.

Chad that is so perfect that it almost looks like a PS creation.

How lucky you were to capture this one in a lifetime image.

Great job.

Beautiful country to.. The landscape aspect is beautiful also.

Gale said:
Chad that is so perfect that it almost looks like a PS creation.

How lucky you were to capture this one in a lifetime image.

Great job.

Beautiful country to.. The landscape aspect is beautiful also.
I hesitated even posting a "squirrel" image because the bar set here is so high - and considering I shot it with the much maligned 24-120 VR, I was even more reticent. I really like the shot, though I can't imagine having a poster of a squirrel on my wall - even if it was executed flawlessly (not saying that this one is, however).

Gale said:
Chad
That 24-120 VR is a GREAT lens !!!!!!
I love the lens, but I am getting the itch for a 17-55 as I type...must resist. I suppose I should keep both, but I really can't see me using the 24-120 much after getting a hold of another f/2.8 Nikkor. I have been holding off for a 24-70 f/2.8 DX, but I can't see Nikon endulging my request any time soon :cry: .

Chad,
There are many occassions to use the 24-120.

Light to carry around, fairly fast and hads a good range. Especially out with the family ..

I really like it for instance at the zoo or carring to work or the local fairs we often have.

It is a keeper.

Gale said:
Chad,
There are many occassions to use the 24-120.

Light to carry around, fairly fast and hads a good range. Especially out with the family ..

I really like it for instance at the zoo or carring to work or the local fairs we often have.

It is a keeper.
That is true, but nearly everyone who upgrades to the 17-55 or the 28-70 seem to banish their 24-120 VR from their bag. I'll certainly keep mine for now and see what becomes of it. Thanks for the advice. At the zoo, I always find 280mm too short.

Latest threads

Top Bottom