Squirrels

Discussion in 'Birds' started by NikonConvert, Aug 17, 2005.

1. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    As I promiced in the last post here are some Squirrels from Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa. Sorry they are not red squirrels, thanks largely to the much bigger American grey squirrel, on the up side greys are much more tame around people. I dare say it helps having something in your pocket for them to snack on, which helps keep them relatively still and close to the camera.

On the down side they have a nasty habbit of keeping to the shade and moving amazingly quickly which doesn't make for a good photo. I've had so many blurred images of them it's unreal but they are just so cute it has to be done.

Any other techniques for capturing squirrels or similar creatures and of course general comments about the pics will be greatly apreciated.

34824296_e74ceceefe_o.

34817515_6b3d16b8df_o.

34813616_9fa7be97c5_o.

34824705_a9933b1396_o.

I'm off to the Lake District in a few weeks and will try and get some photos of a red squirrel for you then. I'd be interested to see how our grey squirrels compare to ones in America now, if anyone has any photos and wants to share them that would be great.

2. I like your squirrel shots.

I like the BW one too.

I have tried getting squirrel shots but, so far they elude me. I see them. Get camera out and gone. My dogs do not help me out either. :)

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice squirrel pictures Edd. These guys are so cute, but they are also mischievous, so some folks don't want them around. We like ours though, and love to see them hanging upside down from the top of our small bird feeders and munching out. 8)

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice squirrel shots, Edd! We have lots of squirrels around here, and they are a fun, challenging target for photographing.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yes EDD these are great images of a really cute and frisky , devilish little animal.

Can't help but love to watch them.

Love to see pics of squirrells up to no good :>))))

They elude me to.

I am just to slow.

I like the fourth one the best. But all are great.

6. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I found some more squirrel images I thought I'd lost so thought I'd share them with you all.

35401804_67c3eb5ab3_o.

35401784_90d9bbb388_o.

35401770_a9220aab5f_o.

Have a nice weekend everyone =)

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I love squirrel pictures. These were fun for me to look at. Keep them coming!

8. Very good, really like the B&W shots!!!

9. It's rare to see a squirrel here where I live so I don't look at them as vermin like some do. Thanks for sharing your images EDD and I like the B&W conversions that you did.