SST at Utgar-Hazy Museum outside Dulles

Shot with a 12-24 at 12mm, D100 1/40th

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rich

F15Todd said:
Sweet hanger, I would love to visit place.
Oddly there are very few post WWII planes there; lots of commercial and private craft and early flight craft. All in all very nice. The shuttle they have there is huge! You don't realize how large it is until you walk up to it.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Well done, very well done!

Like Paul, I am very fond of this aircraft. She was going through her test flights (in Le Bourget, near Paris) when I was a kid, playing outside the house... and running for cover when she hit Mach 1! It's another era, gone by...

Rich Gibson said:
Originally the WB was couldy -3. I have switched completely to the Reznick post processing model and am very pleased with the results and the color consistency. The problem is now I have thousands of older NEF images I feel compelled to correct.......it never ends!
Rich,
And you have learned about this technique through his book ?

Hey Rich,

I think I know that place... What an unbelievable collection huh?!? I was only there for a couple hours and it was not enough time. Also the shuttle was viewable but not ready (it was covered in scaffolding).

Here's another cool plane there. This is at the entrance taken with the 10.5 fish.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You can see the tail of the shuttle in the far background.

_/oe

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom