St. George Temple

The Mormon Pioneers built this temple in the late 1800's. It is currently the oldest operating temple in the Mormon church. The white building set against the azure blue sky is quite striking and is a major landmark in St. George.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another view:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SRA

Gordon,

Great images. Nice colors and compositions. I've never seen the St. George Temple at night. It stands out beautifully against the city.

Is that the church that Ansel Adams photograph a few years back with the nice wrough iron fence around with brass inlet?

Very nice Gordon. That's a beautiful building that I look forward to seeing each time I visit St. George. Thanks for sharing them.

Brian

Excellent shot of a fantastic biulding Gordon. I guess this should be one of the oldest buildings in North America...!!!
If it could only tell us the stories...

nburwell said:
Great shots, Gordon. I especially like the night shot. It really caught my eye. Nicely done!
Night shot was taken on the 4th of July and I had gone up on the hill to take pictures of the fireworks. I set up to take this shot before the fireworks began and after I snapped off the one shot of the temple my battery went dead. Like a dummy I had forgotten to charge it. :oops: :oops: I never did get any fireworks images. :cry:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom