St. George Temple

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by greyflash, Aug 9, 2005.

1. The Mormon Pioneers built this temple in the late 1800's. It is currently the oldest operating temple in the Mormon church. The white building set against the azure blue sky is quite striking and is a major landmark in St. George.

Another view:

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful shot of a beautiful structure, Gordon!

3. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Gordon,

Great images. Nice colors and compositions. I've never seen the St. George Temple at night. It stands out beautifully against the city.

4. Thanks Don and Scott. The first image was taken last week but the night view is from last year. I only included it so that you would see the night/day contrast.

5. Is that the church that Ansel Adams photograph a few years back with the nice wrough iron fence around with brass inlet?

6. I haven't seen the image by Ansel Adams but it does have a wrought iron fence around it as you describe.

7. Very nice Gordon. That's a beautiful building that I look forward to seeing each time I visit St. George. Thanks for sharing them.

Brian

8. Thanks for your comments Brian. We here in St. George more or less take this scene for granted but I like to go by and photograph it from time to time with a different perspective.

9. Excellent shot of a fantastic biulding Gordon. I guess this should be one of the oldest buildings in North America...!!!
    If it could only tell us the stories...

10. Great shots, Gordon. I especially like the night shot. It really caught my eye. Nicely done!

11. Night shot was taken on the 4th of July and I had gone up on the hill to take pictures of the fireworks. I set up to take this shot before the fireworks began and after I snapped off the one shot of the temple my battery went dead. Like a dummy I had forgotten to charge it. :oops: :oops: I never did get any fireworks images. :cry: