1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

St. James Cathedral, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Frank, Sep 17, 2008.

1. It's been about two and a half months since I gave away my Sony point & shoot and had my new gear sent from London. So I guess it's about time I shared some of the results of my efforts.
    The first obvious target for photographers in Santiago is the cathedral which was built around the Apostle's tomb and which receives over a hundred thousand pilgrims and more than a million visitors each year.
    Please let me know what you think. Any advice for progress is kindly requested and greatly appreciated.:smile:

Dom-Spiegel.
    NIKON D300    ---    34mm    f/6.3    1/250s    ISO 400

Dom-blau.
    NIKON D300    ---    48mm    f/6.3    1/0s    ISO 400

Dom-schwarz.
    NIKON D300    ---    70mm    f/5.0    1/1s    ISO 200

Dom-Rad2.
    NIKON D300    ---    116mm    f/11.0    1/1s    ISO 125

Dom-Rad.
    NIKON D300    ---    200mm    f/11.0    1/1s    ISO 125

I'd posted this one in the screen-saver thread before.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Really, really nice - I can't even choose a favorite, because I like them all very much!

Thanks for posting them, Frank...

3. Thank you, Lyndee. Glad you like them.

4. Hi Frank,

#2 and #3 i like very much but they are all perfect.

5. tblazi

tblazi

Jul 9, 2008
    Croatia
    Nice work Frank !
    Night shots are really perfect.

6. Thank you both.

7. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    The thought of and the beauty of a great cathedral was great, but somehow as it fills in the back ground for a lighted wheel distracts from the grandeur of an awesome building.
    I like 1,2,& 3.

8. Beautiful shots! This is on our travel list. What a gorgeous cathedral!

Thanks, Rich

9. Thanks, jadlh. I see your point. The truth is I was far too busy trying to figure out how to shoot a Ferris wheel to consider posible meanings of combining the wheel with the cathedral. However the Ferris wheel is part of the anual celebration of the day of the Apostle St. James around July 25. So there is a relation between the basilica and the wheel.

10. Thank you, Rich. I will be posting more shots of the cathedral.

Let me know if you come over. I'd be happy to show you around.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.