St. Mary's, KS (4)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by catalyst, Jun 10, 2007.

1. St. Mary's, KS is a small town (~2200 people) with an Academy and College affiliated with a conservative Catholic group - the Society of Saint Pius X, I believe.

Its campus houses the ruins of a beautiful chapel built in 1909 and destroyed by fire around 1978. Two buddies and I road tripped there yesterday, and got a few shots from inside the building's shell. It's quite overgrown but the stone work remains largely intact.

Door:

80276138.original.

Walls:

80276172.original.

Thistle:

[​IMG]

On the way out of town, we stopped at the old grain eleavtor complex for a shot or two also.

Granary:

80276288.original.

Eric

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Some how these fine images slipped by everyone. Very nice compositions and tones :)

Regards

RFC

3. I really like the last one, nice composition.

4. Wonderful set - timeless and beautiful; and that thistle shot is awesome!

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Eric :

Neat series !

How neat ? Well, if I'm in that area or even within a reasonably short drive, I'll now want to visit.

And, as others have noted, fine composition on the last shot.

John P.