St. Pete Eagles at dinnertime (no gore)

Connie, Luis, Dave and I spent Saturday afternoon at the cemetery and were rewarded with the sight of papa flying in with dinner:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here's one more, from a bit earlier...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, Kristin! It's about time Pops brough home some dinner - it seemed the female was always the industrious one.

Nice tracking on the incoming bird; I know how hard that is!

M

mattcham

These are great captures. Where is this cemetery that everyone keeps talking about?
This isn't the same bald eagle nest that's barely visible from Blackpoint Wildlife Drive is it?

Nice, Kristin, it is quite a sight. I like #2-full wings, lots of light and color and a few branches for context.

D

DW Brewer

Matthew:
The cemetery is Royal Palm Cemetery is South St. Petersburg. It is locatd off 1st Street South. The birds have nested in a copse of trees in the middle of the cemetery for quite a few years now,
Kristin: Nice job of tracking the bird and exposure.

Ooh! Wonderful shots Kristin!
Thanks, Alex!

Great shots! Momma eagle looks like she's checking out from the nest what he's brought home.
Cindy, I don't want to say she's high maintenance, but... :tongue:

Nice, Kristin! It's about time Pops brough home some dinner - it seemed the female was always the industrious one.

Nice tracking on the incoming bird; I know how hard that is!
Pia, thanks, I really have to give all thanks to Dave for getting me to try AF-ON, and Nancy (flygirl) for helping me modify my D700 settings to better track BIFs.

Sensational captures Kristin.
Harry, when I chimped, I just knew that they were going to be OOF, but was pleasantly surprised to see them appear to be good shots.

These are great captures.
I appreciate it, Matthew. You should definitely check it out -- it's great.

Nice, Kristin, it is quite a sight. I like #2-full wings, lots of light and color and a few branches for context.
John, I know the light was somewhat harsh around that time of day, but it did illuminate their wings pretty well.

Super shot Kristin, love the action you've captured.
Thanks, Louis!

As Pia said, great tracking on the incoming bird. I know how hard it is to do with all the trees there.
Good exposure on the entire bird, including under the wings.
Allan, I appreciate that, it means a lot coming from you!

Great series, Kristin. I agree with Pia on the tracking of the bird, especially when it got into the tree.
Ooh, very nice, Kristin! You got him with the fish! That is a wonderful sequence -- you followed him all the way!
Kristin: Nice job of tracking the bird and exposure.
Luis, Connie, Dave -- thanks so much! It was lovely spending that wonderful warm afternoon with the three of you, watching the eagles, especially after our chilly week on the Atlantic coast. :smile:

M

mattcham

Where is this cemetery that everyone keeps talking about?
Is this in the west coast of Florida?

Where is this cemetery that everyone keeps talking about?
Is this in the west coast of Florida?
Matthew,

You missed Dave's post above, where he answered your question (and yes, it is on the gulf side of FL):

Matthew:
The cemetery is Royal Palm Cemetery is South St. Petersburg. It is locatd off 1st Street South. The birds have nested in a copse of trees in the middle of the cemetery for quite a few years now,

M

mattcham

Oops, looks like I missed Dave's reply. Thanks Dave and Kristin!
Maybe I'll get to visit next year.

N

N0YZE

I love Eagles... great captures and the color really turned out as well.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom