St Peter's Catholic Church

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by vulturetec, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Another B&W of mine. Shot with my Nikon F w/Nikkor 50mm f1.4 on Kodak Technical Pan film probably shot at ~ASA20, scanned with an Epson 4990

Click for larger image
  2. This is the kind of image my son (professional photographer) would take. Being an amauture I tend to want to see full objects (remember my comment about getting the full church in).

I think it's because I don't have all that much imagination. I am trying to think of partial images that I have seen that I like. I'm sure there must have been some; I can't seem to remember them.

What do you think?
  3. Heck, I sure don't have much imagination myself usually. I can't remember what I was thinking when I took that. The church is in a National Historic Park in West Virginia, and there's a lot to walk around and see. During that time I was playing around with a deep orange filter, I probably was concentrating on the sky more than anything else.

On smugmug's popular images the other day there was a closeup of a part of the front of a jet engine. The lighting and exposure, along with the sweeping curves of the blades and the composition made for a really neat image. I sure wouldn't have thought of it!
  4. Scott

Here are a couple of his for fun images:

View attachment 103118

The second one I can see, as he has printed this and put in his dinning room which works because of the colour scheme. I see many partial images of car grills etc.. and they just don't seem to work all that much for me. Maybe all we are talking about is tastes. i.e. I like landscapes others like objects...
  5. Neat - I like the 2nd one with the strings. My first impression was that they were vibrating!
  6. I found another "close-up" type image in my negs this evening. I was out exploring with some friends and we found an area in the woods littered with old cars and car parts. Not a dump really, it looked like they'd been owned and parked intact. The peeling paint and rust made for some interesting textures. I think this was one of the few times I took pictures like this of rotting car parts too!

Kodak Tech-Pan, Nikon F w/50mm 1.4