St Peter's Catholic Church

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by vulturetec, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Another B&W of mine. Shot with my Nikon F w/Nikkor 50mm f1.4 on Kodak Technical Pan film probably shot at ~ASA20, scanned with an Epson 4990

Click for larger image
    [​IMG]

2. This is the kind of image my son (professional photographer) would take. Being an amauture I tend to want to see full objects (remember my comment about getting the full church in).

I think it's because I don't have all that much imagination. I am trying to think of partial images that I have seen that I like. I'm sure there must have been some; I can't seem to remember them.

What do you think?

3. Heck, I sure don't have much imagination myself usually. I can't remember what I was thinking when I took that. The church is in a National Historic Park in West Virginia, and there's a lot to walk around and see. During that time I was playing around with a deep orange filter, I probably was concentrating on the sky more than anything else.

On smugmug's popular images the other day there was a closeup of a part of the front of a jet engine. The lighting and exposure, along with the sweeping curves of the blades and the composition made for a really neat image. I sure wouldn't have thought of it!

4. Scott

Here are a couple of his for fun images:

View attachment 103118

The second one I can see, as he has printed this and put in his dinning room which works because of the colour scheme. I see many partial images of car grills etc.. and they just don't seem to work all that much for me. Maybe all we are talking about is tastes. i.e. I like landscapes others like objects...

5. Neat - I like the 2nd one with the strings. My first impression was that they were vibrating!

6. I found another "close-up" type image in my negs this evening. I was out exploring with some friends and we found an area in the woods littered with old cars and car parts. Not a dump really, it looked like they'd been owned and parked intact. The peeling paint and rust made for some interesting textures. I think this was one of the few times I took pictures like this of rotting car parts too!

Kodak Tech-Pan, Nikon F w/50mm 1.4
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.