1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Took this and converted it to B&W. I thought about fixing the barrel distortion a bit, but I think I prefer it this way. Over at another forum, lots of looks but no comments? hmmm,? I liked the piece due to the balance and lines in the image, and the contrasts of the buildings and stacks.

I also like how the different stacks each have a different texture/color to them and are all different. And last, I also thought this was a nice candidate for conversion.

I also thought this made a nice addition to my architecture/building section of my homepage.

Thanks for looking,

Wade

[​IMG]

2. I like this, kind of an industrial nightmare.

3. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I like that fun descriptive phrase. Thanks for the look

Wade

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Neat image...I like the B&W...gives it a very industrial feel for sure. I think w/color there might be too much going on....well done.

5. How times change!

As a child I was fascinated (and still am!) with things mechanical. There was a television show called "Industry on Parade" which featured industrial scenes and new machines, etc. This type shot would have been given a spin on how stacks like these represent a vibrant industry which keeps the economy running and people employed thereby raising everyones' quality of life.

(Hmmmm, not bad! Maybe I should be a PR consultant after I retire?)

Of course they would never mention dumping PCBs in the local river or the disintegrating asbestos insulation in the piping.

Rich
    :tongue:

6. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    thanks for your kind words Leigh, the color shot just had to much blue in it against the grey of the building it just didn't do anything for me.

Cheers,

Wade

7. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yes spin changes with each decade, these stacks had a distinct smell, but I couldn't identify what it smelled like.

Thanks,

Wade

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shot, Wade! I also think this one is best in B&W - gives it more of an industrial look. When you see that white gunk on the center and right stacks it really makes you wonder what's in the emissions from those stacks!