Stage of a photographer curve

Something funny and to think about. Sorry if already posted.
Where do you think you are on the graph?
Reminds me this post https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=264812 ...

b2feF.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is classic. I emailed this to my brother who is currently stuck in the HDR doldrums.

According to the graph the secret of long life it's to start taking pictures the older you can... I started at 23 :frown:

I keep bouncing in and out of the dammit I suck ravine. I don't ALWAYS suck, but there are days.......
Then there are days when I see work that REALLY does suck, and the creator is at the "all I shoot is pretty" stage. I feel better and get back to creating my art. ;) And I schedule another "How to take better photos" class for beginners so I can teach that person some of the things I've learned. Especially, what's in the background DOES matter. :O)

(Sorry to rant, but I just discussed this with a friend last week...LOL!)

... I schedule another "How to take better photos" class for beginners so I can teach that person some of the things I've learned...

... and they can progress more rapidly to the "Dammit I suck" phase.

Ain't schadenfreude wonderful?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This is great! What a hoot! LOL!

I've been in all those phases, and for me, they're not nearly as linear as the graph. I've started over several times, have lots of gear, found an old camera, and then started with my camera-phone. I have no idea where I am now. But wherever it is, I'm there laughing!

Latest threads

Top Bottom