Stalking the Stalker

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, May 4, 2005.

1. There was a paparazzi stalking the artists at the Arts Fair. I think his gig was to take pictures on spec, and
    then try to sell them to the artists (not a bad idea :idea:).

I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine :twisted:. Like many photographers, he's not used to having his
    own picture taken, and it was hilarious to see him squirm and giggle when I pointed "The Beast" at him 8).

I talked with him for a little afterwards. He was shooting the Canon's version of the 70-200VR, and it was the dirtiest,
    most dinged up lens I've ever seen. It made me strengthen my resolve to never buy a pro lens from a pro!

2. I know what you mean Frank, many pro's take really bad care of their equipment. Nice image with good skin tones.

3. Frank there is no way I am holding my camera with the 70-200VR like that its way too heavy. Is Canon's much lighter or does thhe dude have really big hands?

4. According to the specs, the Canon 70-200/2.8 IS weighs in at 3.24 lbs.

5. Relatively the same weight as the Nikon. Thnxs Frank

6. Really,

I just picked my D70 w/ 70-200 and it felt like I could pick it up anyway I want. Do you practice with it a lot :lol:

7. It's the lens I use the most. I have really small hands and the D2x is pretty heavy. I am just extra careful because of teh expense.

8. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Really,

I take mine to the gym and do arm curls with it instead of using free weights.