Stand Alone Data Storage

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by F15Todd, Mar 26, 2005.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm looking for something to use during an upcoming move, when I'm going to be without computer for over a month and also to use when I'm shooting all day soccer games. I'm thinking about the Epson P-2000 and wonder if anyone has experience with it or any other suggestions?

2. Todd,

I just got a 40GB laptop hard drive to put in a CompactDrive PD7X. You can also buy this with the harddrive. I just thought I could get a better deal on the hard drive I wanted some where else. I am still waiting on the official word from the "SHE"FO of the Daniel household to give me the OK to get the CompactDrive PD7X. The best deal I have found is here on back order. Read up on it!! :) :) :)

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.422/.f

3. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Bryan - I'm assuming this is a stand alone unit and I can just pop in my card and download to the compactdrive, then when i get home download from the compactdrive to my computer - any special cables needed - this looks like it could be the answer to a few of my problems - thanks

4. billT

billT Guest

Hi Todd,
    I use a 40 G Digital Wallet to store my images while travelling without the lap top. It is easy to use. Just pop the CF card in and it uploads the pics in a directory. It automatically creates different directories (folders) for each upload. Down sides are that
    a. the rechargeable battery is not to hot, and
    b. it does nothave a display to show the pictures.

BillT.