Star Gazer Lilies with 60mm micro

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by CrystallP, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Hi Crystall!

Nice pics. But I dread the pollen of these flowers. Very stubborn when you try to remove them from your clothes.
    Cheers

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots Crystall. All of the blooms have now fallen off of my Stargazer. Don't know what I did wrong. :?

I can't believe that you got these hand held. :wink:

3. Very nice Crystall.

4. These are splendid. How to turn a rest stop on the road into a memorable moment.
    Handheld ? You must be a reference, that's rock solid.

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice job, Crystall! Nice to see I'm not the only one that has steady hands! I was beginning to think I was a freak of nature. That 4th shot is fantastic (they are all wonderful)!!! Keep it up!

6. Thanks for sharing your nice images Crystall. Most of us are using rest stops for other purposes, nice to see that you are still thinking photography.

7. Thanks for sharing Crystall, I really like the 3rd one, a completely different focuspoint really changes the subject!

8. Harry, Frank, Scott, Christian, Leigh, Gordon, and Brett,

I want to thank you for the kind comments. Apparently my responses to you did not post last week (I must have forgotten to click on the submit button). :oops:

Anyway, I packed all of my gear in a Pro Roller One for the Niagara trip including my trusty 60mm micro. The rest stop lilies offered the perfect opportunity to test its capabilities. It is a very lightweight, fast, and easy to hold lens. Enjoy the summer!

9. Ahhhhh, starburst lillies...........love them!!! Nice shots!!! :D :D :D :D

10. Beautiful captures, Crystall. I can almost smell the perfume from here. One of my fav lilies.

11. Hi Bryan and Sandi,

Thank you for the kind feedback. Yes, those lilies were gorgeous. I could see them as we pulled into the rest stop. The last time we stopped at a rest stop near Frederick, Maryland, we found beautiful red tulips. Here is a 100% crop from one of my rest stop tulip photos:

Now I make it a habit to check rest stops for colorful flowers! :wink:

12. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Crystall -

Sorry I didn't spot these earlier. They are all excellent, but for me the last one stands out the most because of the brightness and freshness of the colors. You must be rock-steady to hand-hold and get these results. Congrats! :) :) :)

Gordon

13. Hi, Crystall

I've enjoyed seeing your work even though I haven't commented. One thing that strikes me is that you seem to have a knack for finding interesting things to photograph no matter where you are.

Thanks for sharing your highways and byways. You are one heck of a photographer!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

14. Gordon,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Ordinarily my hands are pretty shaky, but a few years of experimentation and observation have paid off. These images were captured with the 60mm micro lens. It is small, fast, and easy to hand hold which contributes to the clarity greatly.

We seem to be in sync, I am also very fond of the last image. I printed four of my '3D' lily images on a sheet of 13x19 inch Epson Premium Luster paper. They make quite a dramatic statement. I am looking forward to my next adventure where it may be. :lol:

15. Hi Virginia,

I want to thank you for your kind comments and feedback. I drive my husband crazy during road trips because I am constantly scanning the median strips, shoulders and rest stops for floral subjects.

The lilies were so full and lovely that I couldn't help myself. I unpacked my 60mm and happily spent 10 minutes with them. I'm glad you enjoyed them. More lily images can be found at: http://www.pbase.com/cympearson/lilies

I hope that I get a chance to visit Lilypons in Frederick, Maryland. Lilypons is supposed to be about 200 acres of lily ponds, park areas, and storefronts. I will post as soon as I can.