Star Tracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by azhiker, Mar 30, 2007.

1. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    Anybody tried them and had any success with dealing with the noise?

2. The in-camera NR feature has worked well for me on the d70 and now the d200, although it really cuts into your battery time, and thus exposure time.

Sean

3. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    How long have you been able to keep the lens open?

4. The d70 was 30 min of course since it didn't have the 10 pin terminal. With the D200 (and 2 batteries in the vert. grip) I think I've done about 90 minutes without running out of juice. Chris (cgaengineer) and I talked about this awhile back and he was going to pursue the limits of this further, but I never heard what he came up with so you might pm him and see how far he was able to push the batteries.

5. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    Sandi,
    Now that's what I had in mind (what little I have left).
    2 kayaks! way cool.

6. Glad I can help out, Thom. I plan on doing a lot of star trail images up at the lake this summer. The city is far too bright for this stuff.
    We should have a time-lapse contest at the end of the summer!! :biggrin:

7. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    Thanks I 'll do that, Sandi has a good idea too and I could switch batteries between shots.

Thanks,

8. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    That would be great, Phoenix is much to bright too so it's off to the mountains.

Thanks,