Star Valley, Wyoming

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Do you remember the Olympic Gold Medal wrestler, Rulon Gardner? He is from Star Valley, Wyoming. It's a hundred miles or so away from where I live. Here is what it looks like in the fall. I can see why Rulon would want to live there....

Did I overdo the processing on this one?

original.

2. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice capture, Terri.

It is a gorgeous valley, eh?!

And great cheese can be had there :) 

3. It's not working well for me. I think the main problem is that the foreground was just too dark vs. the background.
    It looks like you've brought it out as much as you can but it just ain't quite there.
    I'm thinking a different time of day where a bit more light was on the foreground would be the best solution.

Looks like a beautiful setting.

Don

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Terri

Very rarely look here as seem to be everywhere else but I love this image.

As soon as I saw it I wondered.....out of camera????

Then I saw the processing.

I think the colours are magnificnet.

Foreground....easy to fix with some paint with light...

I do like the dark though BUT...if you wanted to PWL would be magic on the foreground.

For me....beautiful image

Best wishes

Ray

5. Absolutely beautiful.

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Love it Terri ! The beautiful textures and gradations of luminosities are fantastic. Another work of ART !

7. Very nice colors and a great landscape. However, I somehow can't enjoy this landscape in the portrait mode!! I just feel that there is a little too much of the foreground here. Maybe you can post a couple of landscape orientation shots for us to enjoy.

Thanks.

8. I'm grateful for the comments and suggestions here. I'm going to give this photo a bit more work. I have some other versions I can edit. It was really such a beautiful place, I would love to get a nice fall photo out of my trip there that I can print and hang in my family room for the season.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.