Staring down the cat...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Frits, Mar 22, 2007.

1. ...nobody laughed first - a draw :biggrin:

Not much light on this dull day, very little DOF - but nice bokeh...

D2x, Nikkor Ai 50mm f/1.4 (available light)
    original.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2007
  2. Nice pic - my 50/1.4 AF-D is my favorite 'cat lens'. He looks like he's bored, hoping for the sun to come out.

3. Love it - looks like he'd win no matter how long you took.... that's one very hyper cat for sure! :wink:

4. Frits,

Another great picture...

Just wanted to let you know that I always pass the threads with your cat pictures along to my girlfiend. She loves them (the pictures and cat).

5. I suspect Charlo(is that right?) has already had his fill of kibbles and bits prior to the stare down
    Cool stuff Frits

6. Thanks all.
    Mason, maybe I should smuggle him along next week to Huntsville...:smile:
    This isn't my best of him, the very narrow DOF has my focus poit just a bit too much to the back. Oh well, it was fun crawling on the floor with him...

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All the pictures of Miss Charlo are beautiful:))))

8. AAaaaiiii, I won't tell HIM that...:eek: :eek: :biggrin:

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Never, I repeat, never get in a stare-down contest with a cat. Just remember, the average cat sleeps 18 hours a day. The remaining 6 hours is spent eating, and showing how bored they are. :eek: :biggrin:

10. Words of wisdom Frank! :biggrin:

11. Oh Frits, Charlo is gorgeous as usual, and you certainly know how to capture him best! Keep em comin!

12. It's a lovely picture Frits, the soft lighting makes the shot.

13. If you don't mind Frits...

Here's one which stared me down in Assisi. He was NOT amused with my photographing him.

[​IMG]

Rich

14. Wow, heck of a nice fur ball Rich - the stare!!

15. On the subjects of “cat stares”, I would love to get some pictures of Allison’s cat, but he always looks like this when he sees the camera. He doesn’t mind…I am quite sure that he likes it. He somehow equates “camera” with “time to play”. She says he must have had his picture made a lot in the kitty shelter and that has something to do with his reaction.

May be underexposed as I have discovered that I have a monitor that is waaay too bright...
    [​IMG]

16. Now this is the look of intrigue - very nice Mason!