Stark Beauty (repost image)

This was taken a little earlier than the last one I posted. I was thinking I might want to tone down the foreground a bit, though it was pretty bright as the sun hit the flowers and this is probably closest I could get to the real scene.

D200 12-24 @12mm f13 1/10" CP and 2 stop soft GND ISO 320 as the was a pretty good breeze. Thought about removing the CP but I liked the effect better with it.

100412585.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
A wonderful image :smile:

sorry I'm a bit of a noob, what is the CP you're referring to?

You know I like the CD effect and this might be nice as a B&W shot as well? You are correct about toning down the foreground flowers, they just seem a bit bright and the colors don't show through....

I am surprised that the CP did not tone down the foreground highlights better. Nevertheless, this is a beautiful shot. I like the nice interest in foreground, middle and sky.

Real Name
Alvin
Douglas, I'd be happy with either shot.

I've always admired your photography that you post on NikconCafe.

Keep up the great work!

Alvin

A wonderful image :smile:

sorry I'm a bit of a noob, what is the CP you're referring to?

Thanks Lou and yes the CP is a Circular Polarizer

You know I like the CD effect and this might be nice as a B&W shot as well? You are correct about toning down the foreground flowers, they just seem a bit bright and the colors don't show through....

I added a second shot where a toned the foreground down a bit. I think there was just too much color to this one to make a BW, I try and think BW when there isn't much color in the shot.

I am surprised that the CP did not tone down the foreground highlights better. Nevertheless, this is a beautiful shot. I like the nice interest in foreground, middle and sky.

I think the GND placement had more to do with the brightness Cliff. The CP did cut some of the glare off the flowers, but I had it set for the minimum effect, the sky would have been way to blue for my taste if it was stronger.

Latest threads

Top Bottom